[Foundation-l] foundation-l Digest, Vol 92, Issue 29

Joan Goma jrgoma at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 10:14:03 UTC 2011

When I explain Wikipedia I hear the same comments everyday. Who is in
charge for each article? If everybody can edit ‘’my’’ article how can I
control its contents? What happens if we have an overlap between editors in
the same article and we can’t explain the exact role of everyone?

I don’t understand why even wikimedians when going to organize things
outside wikipedia are very reluctant to give some opportunities to try with
new models of organization that we have discovered in wikipedia that can
working very well. They tend to stick with old organizational models that
we know they work well with structures and principles not very well
matching with wikimedia values like hierarchy, exclusivity …

From: WereSpielChequers <werespielchequers at gmail.com>