[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikimedia India Program Trust

Theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 18:38:53 UTC 2011

I was not going to comment on this thread again. I am kind of annoyed by
what you are painting me as, but I'll try and remain objective.

First, what mail are you disagreeing with? The last mail I sent on this
thread is 3 days old, the last topic was Achal. I didn't talk about Hisham
directly on any thread.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 11:44 PM, CherianTinu Abraham <tinucherian at gmail.com
> wrote:

> When it comes to "paid contractors/staff ", I don't see a difference
> between Theo[1] or Hisham, except that Hisham is working for a longer term.
> So what? Not every work can be done as a volunteer. As far as I understand,
> the foundation is also committed to support the chapters and community
> alike.

Really? there is no difference between me and Hisham except the term? I
didn't know I held a position of such stature. I never hid the fact that I
worked for 3 months for WMF in the last fundraiser anywhere, you may
remember me sending updates and asking for help with outreach last year on
the India mailing list. You honestly think hiring a community member for
2-3 months for local outreach and translation for the fundraiser is the
same as hiring a staff to oversee the entire operation in a country, set up
the office, run the programs and hire 4 more staff members?

You know this also puts a slap across my work as a community member for the
last 2 years before Hisham was hired, you negate all my work and standing
because I helped out WMF for 3 months last year with outreach and
localization?

I won't even mention the work I did on WMF strategy plan. I am trying
really hard to remain objective about this, but this is infuriating to hear.

Theo