[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikimedia India Program Trust

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Fri Nov 11 09:11:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

thanks a lot all for exmplaining the differences. I would be very much
interested to know more about the ''relationship'' between the trust and
Wikimedia India. You seem to suggest that trustees get appointed by (or on
the advice of - not sure of the legal wording) the WMF - but will Wikimedia
India be involved in that too? Since they are the chapter in that country I
could imagine them to have a say in it.

How closely will this trust and the chapter work together? You mention that
there is communication etc - but is cooperation likely to become the
default or the exception?

And how will it work with regards of who will be the primary point of
contact in India for institutions who want to partner with Wikimedia? Will
they have to approach one of the two or whichever they like (and if they
dont get the answer they like, can they just approach the other?). Will the
chapter and the trust be competing with each other or collaborating?

Thanks for helping me seeing the situation more clearly,

Lodewijk