[Foundation-l] Wikimedia visual identity guidelines

とある白い猫 to.aru.shiroi.neko at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:43:24 UTC 2011

I guess my idea is a "common spoken identity" in parallel to "common
written identity."

There are a few examples I can pull but chapters are complying with
the styleguide
that "is official policy of the Foundation" according to the linked page
which may be self conflicting. The French name of Wikimedia is Wikimédia as
visible in the WMFR chapter name but the logo does not show it (and can't
show it due to the same styleguide). An extreme (and creative) example may
be  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimedia_Canada_logo where
non-traditional designs are suggested.

  -- とある白い猫  (To Aru Shiroi Neko)