[Foundation-l] Wikimedia visual identity guidelines

Jay Walsh jwalsh at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 7 23:51:21 UTC 2011

Hello To Aru Shiroi Neko,

Assuming you are referring to the document from:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_visual_identity_guidelines

I support your request and your point.  I've done some studies with
'Wikipedia' in this same topic and realize that localization is
complex, and formats and standards for both the Wikimedia and
Wikipedia marks (as examples) cannot always work with non-roman
character sets.

I'm not the original author of this page, but I support the notion of
expanding the guidelines (which are guidelines, not necessarily rules)
to accommodate what needs exist in different cultures and languages.

In short, I think the chapters should build the marks that make the
most sense in their own cultures, and more importantly that they
should very easily communicate the name and idea of the chapter as
well as 'wikimedia' in some way.  I don't know if any of those chapter
marks have been made yet - any examples?

jay