[Foundation-l] readership draft for feedback

Rodan Bury bury.rodan at gmail.com
Mon May 30 18:40:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

I think the most important question is: how do we act upon the results of
these surveys? There have been several surveys already, as well as usability
studies. While it can't hurt to do some more of them, I have the feeling
that we already have the most important data. What about the actual plans to
improve usability? There is the multimedia usability initiative currently
going on, but that's only for commons.

Everybody knows that Wikipedia is extremely hard to edit (and even painful)
for newbies (but power users are going to get mad at me for saying that).
So, how are we supposed to remove the well-known barriers to editing
Wikipedia? Survey doesn't contain these practical answers, we have to try
solutions ourselves. Very little has been done so far.

In other words, what does this survey aims to achieve that it's predecessors
did not?

Yours, Rodan Bury