[Foundation-l] readership draft for feedback

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sun May 29 18:09:04 UTC 2011

Thanks for the update, Mani.

Are we going to start running the equivalent surveys on the sister
projects?  We have a fair bit of data about Wikipedia already,
comparative data from all projects would be useful.  Most of the
questions would not change.

In addition to the time-limited study that's being conducted, is it
possible to have a simplified version of this survey running
continuously in the background - say for 1 in 100,000 visitors,
year-round?  That sort of data stream could be very useful as an
addition to our current monthly reports.

SJ

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Mani Pande <mpande at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Hello All,
> We are in the process of fielding a survey of Wikipedia readers to
> understand the needs of Wikipedia readers. The survey will get their
> opinion on Wikipedia content, understand what are the barriers to
> editing Wikipedia, understand how they use Internet, and get some
> quantitative data on the experience of using Wikipedia on their phone.
> This survey is being done in parallel to the Editor Survey, whose
> results we are working currently analyzing and mobile user experience
> research that we are conducting in India, Brazil and the US.
>
> The draft of the survey, and a FAQ section is available on meta, if you
> are interested. Here is the link to meta space that I have set up for
> the survey. http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Readership_survey
>
> Thanks in advance
> Mani
>
> --
> Mani Pande, PhD
> Head of Global Development Research
> Wikimedia Foundation
> Twitter: manipande
> Skype: manipande

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266