[Foundation-l] Scheduled intermittent downtime on all Wikimedia projects on May 24

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Wed May 25 10:25:31 UTC 2011

The maintenance was planned, downtime was noted as possible. An error
message that reflects that seems, frankly, a good idea.

The response to what I thought to be a helpful suggestion in improving
communication with readership has been... incredibly disappointing. I wish I
hadn't bothered. :( I was just passing on comments from people who  came to
IRC and basically said "oh, well why didn't the site just say that then".

Of course; if we are ignoring our readers' concerns now, then fine.

Tom