[Foundation-l] Interesting legal action

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Mon May 23 15:04:42 UTC 2011

My experience at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Database_reports/Living_people_on_EN_wiki_who_are_dead_on_other_wikis
is that however famous a sportsperson was in the 40s, 50s and 60s,
getting a reliable source to confirm their death is not always easy.
Hence we have quite a backlog where a non-English wikipedia thinks
someone is dead but we don't yet have a reliable source to justify
changing EN wiki. I'm pretty sure that an email address for the same
age group would be much harder, especially if they are still alive and
have not yet had an obituary published about them; or we don't have
anyone in the relevant task group who is confident to deal with
sources in that particular language.

People notable for a something in the last year or two probably would
be easier to get hold of, but I don't think the proposal is only for
these unspecified volunteers to do this where it is easy to do so.

WereSpielChequers