[Foundation-l] Interesting legal action

Sarah slimvirgin at gmail.com
Sun May 22 18:58:48 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 21:22, Philippe Beaudette
<philippe at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I asked Christine to do a quick scan, what follows is her response:
>
> *There isn't an exact "BLP" queue in OTRS; there is one for overall quality
> (called, what else, Quality) which is where a lot of the BLP concerns go, as
> they are quality issues.
>
> Of the current tickets in the queue, not quite half are BLP related (96 out
> of 209).
>
> Of those BLP tickets, about 15% of them mention being attacked/articles
> being biased or slanted.  I didn't do any deep research into whether the
> accounts are true or not; this is merely the perception of the person
> writing in, which is the most relevant measure for the topic currently under
> discussion.
>
> *
> *Also of those BLP tickets, the same percentage specifically mention
> libelous information, slander, etc.  *
> *
> *
> Hope that helps,
> pb

Thank you, Philippe, this is very helpful.

Would it make sense to set up a separate "living persons" queue to
make it easier to keep track?

The BLP problem is a very divisive one on the English Wikipedia, but
it's not entirely clear how grounded it is in fact. Sometimes we're
told OTRS is overwhelmed by the number of BLP complaints, but no
figures are given.

Some hard stats -- X number of complaints concerning Y number of
articles within time T, of which Z were actionable -- would be very
useful.

Sarah