[Foundation-l] 1.3 billion of humans don't have Wikipedia in their native language

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sun May 22 12:30:15 UTC 2011

On 05/22/2011 01:28 PM, George Herbert wrote:
> Good work generally, but regarding this last list...
>
> Afghanistan has many languages in use (Pashto, Tajik, Hazara, Uzbek);
> Algeria  uses Arabic, Berber, and French; Jordan's official language
> is Arabic (though the spoken one is a dialect); and generally so
> forth.
>
> Can you break this out by which languages we are missing, not just by
> country, as country isn't specific enough?
>
> Thank you.

Here is the table with all missing languages with more than 1M of
speakers. See notes about usage (especially in the case of Arabic
languages), as well as my reply to Denny about importance of native
languages in primary education. Note also that we have a number of
incubator projects in Arabic languages.

If any of you find some factual problem, please let me know.

It is likely that I'll put the complete list at Meta in the future.

population 	ISO 639-3 code 	ISO 639-1 code 	language name 	Wikimedia
projects 	country 	region 	writing system 	classification
45000000 	cjy 	  	Chinese, Jinyu 	  	China 	Mainly in Shanxi Province;
some in Shaanxi and Henan provinces. 	Han script, Simplified variant.
Han script, Traditional variant. 	Sino-Tibetan, Chinese
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=cjy>
A member of macrolanguage Chinese [zho
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zho>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
38261000 	awa 	  	Awadhi 	incubator-wikipedia 	India 	Uttar Pradesh,
Kheri, Sitapur, Lucknow, Unnao, Rae-Bareli, Bahraich, Bara-Banki,
Pratapgarh, Sultanpur, Gonda, Faizabad, Allahabad districts; Bihar;
Madhya Pradesh; Delhi. Also in Nepal. 	Devanagari script.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, East Central zone
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=awa>
36024400 	hsn 	  	Chinese, Xiang 	incubator-wikipedia 	China 	Hunan
Province, Sichuan Province, over 20 counties; parts of Guangxi and
Guangdong provinces. Also in United States. 	Han script, Simplified
variant. Han script, Traditional variant. 	Sino-Tibetan, Chinese
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=hsn>
A member of macrolanguage Chinese [zho
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zho>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
34700000 	mai 	  	Maithili 	incubator-wikipedia 	India 	Bihar,
Muzaffarpur on west, past Kosi east to west Purnia District, to Munger,
Bhagalpur districts south, and Himalayan foothills north; Delhi,
Calcutta, Mumbai. Many settled abroad. Cultural and linguistic centers
are Madhubani and Darbhanga towns. Janakpur also important culturally
and religiously. Also in Nepal. 	Devanagari script. 	Indo-European,
Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Eastern zone, Bihari
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mai>
30000000 	pcm 	  	Pidgin, Nigerian 	incubator-wikipedia 	Nigeria
Southern states; northern states in Sabon Garis; coastal and urban
areas. 	  	Creole, English based, Atlantic, Krio
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=pcm>
25000000 	fil 	  	Filipino 	incubator-wiktionary,incubator-wikipedia
Philippines 	Widespread. 	Latin script. 	Austronesian,
Malayo-Polynesian, Philippine, Greater Central Philippine, Central
Philippine, Tagalog
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=fil>
22397000 	arq 	  	Arabic, Algerian Spoken 	incubator-wikipedia
Algeria 	Also in Belgium, Egypt, France, Germany, Saint Pierre and
Miquelon. 	Arabic script. 	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=arq>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
21048900 	ary 	  	Arabic, Moroccan Spoken 	incubator-wikipedia
Morocco 	North, south of Atlas Mountains, including Sahara port cities.
Also in Belgium, Egypt, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Libya, Netherlands,
United Kingdom, Western Sahara. 	Arabic script. 	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic,
Central, South, Arabic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ary>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
19000000 	aec 	  	Arabic, Sa’idi Spoken 	  	Egypt 	Cairo south edge to
Sudan border. Middle Egypt in Bani Sweef, Fayyuum, and Gizeh; Upper
Egypt from Asyuut to Edfu and south. 	  	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central,
South, Arabic <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=aec>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
17500000 	hne 	  	Chhattisgarhi 	incubator-wikipedia 	India
Chhattisgarh; Bihar; Orissa; possibly in Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and
Tripura. 	Devanagari script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan,
East Central zone <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=hne>
16833000 	apd 	  	Arabic, Sudanese Spoken 	  	Sudan 	Primarily north.
Also in Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Libya, Saudi Arabia. 	Arabic script.
Latin script. 	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=apd>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
15100000 	acm 	  	Arabic, Mesopotamian Spoken 	  	Iraq 	Tigris and
Euphrates area. Also in Iran, Jordan, Syria, Turkey (Asia).
Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=acm>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
15000000 	tts 	  	Thai, Northeastern 	incubator-wikipedia 	Thailand
Northeast; 17 provinces. Kalerng in Sakon Nakhon and Nakhon Phanom.
Thai script. 	Tai-Kadai, Kam-Tai, Be-Tai, Tai-Sek, Tai, Southwestern,
Lao-Phutai <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=tts>
15000000 	rkt 	  	Rangpuri 	  	Bangladesh 	Rajshahi Division north from
Bogra, also known as the greater Dinajpur and Rangpur areas, now
subdivided into Rangpur, Lalmonihat, Nilphamari, Gaibanda, Panchagar,
Thakurgaon, and Dinajpur districts. Also in India. 	Bengali script.
Kamtapura script, may be in use in Koch Bihar. 	Indo-European,
Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Eastern zone, Bengali-Assamese
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=rkt>
14426540 	apc 	  	Arabic, North Levantine Spoken 	incubator-wikipedia
Syria 	Also in Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Belize, Cyprus, Dominican
Republic, Egypt, French Guiana, Israel, Jamaica, Lebanon, Mali, Puerto
Rico, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey (Asia). 	Arabic script.
Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=apc>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
13820000 	skr 	  	Seraiki 	incubator-wikipedia 	Pakistan 	South Punjab
and north Sind, Indus River valley, Jampur area. Derawali in Dera Ismail
Khan, Tank, Bannu, and Dera Ghazi Khan. Jangli is in Sahiwal area. Also
in India, United Kingdom. 	Arabic script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian,
Indo-Aryan, Northwestern zone, Lahnda
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=skr>
A member of macrolanguage Lahnda [lah
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=lah>] (Pakistan
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=PK>).
13600900 	mad 	  	Madura 	incubator-wikipedia 	Indonesia (Java and
Bali) 	North coastal area of east Java, Sapudi Islands, Madura Island.
Also in Singapore. 	Latin script. 	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian,
Malayo-Sumbawan, Madurese
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mad>
13000000 	mag 	  	Magahi 	  	India 	Bihar, Gaya, Bhagalpur, eastern
Patna districts; Jharkhand, northern Chotanagpur Division, Hazaribagh
District; West Bengal, Maldah District. 	Devanagari script.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Eastern zone, Bihari
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mag>
13000000 	ctg 	  	Chittagonian 	  	Bangladesh 	Chittagong region.
Arabic script. Latin script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan,
Eastern zone, Bengali-Assamese
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ctg>
13000000 	bgc 	  	Haryanvi 	  	India 	Haryana; Rajasthan; Punjab;
Karnataka; Delhi; Himachal Pradesh; Uttar Pradesh. 	Devanagari script.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Central zone, Western Hindi,
Unclassified <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bgc>
12800000 	dcc 	  	Deccan 	  	India 	Central Maharashtra, Deccan Plateau;
Karnataka, Belgaum, Bijapur districts; Madhya Pradesh, Raisen, Sehore
districts; Gujarat. 	  	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan,
Southern zone, Unclassified
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=dcc>
10400000 	mup 	  	Malvi 	  	India 	Madhya Pradesh, Ujjain, Indore,
Rathlam, Mandsaur, Rajgarh, Dewas, Shajapur, Nimuch, Sehore, Dhar,
Bhopal districts; Rajasthan, Jhalawar District. Sondwari dialect
geographically isolated from the others. 	Devanagari script.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Central zone, Rajasthani,
Unclassified <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mup>
A member of macrolanguage Rajasthani [raj
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=raj>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
10304000 	mnp 	  	Chinese, Min Bei 	incubator-wikipedia 	China 	North
Fujian Province, 7 counties around Jian’ou. Also in Singapore.
Sino-Tibetan, Chinese
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mnp>
A member of macrolanguage Chinese [zho
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zho>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
10300000 	syl 	  	Sylheti 	  	Bangladesh 	Districts of Sylhet,
Sunamganj, Habiganj, Moulvibazar. Also in Australia, Canada, India,
Italy, Malaysia (Peninsular), Myanmar, Singapore, United Kingdom, United
States. 	Bengali script. Latin script. Syloti Nagri script.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Eastern zone, Bengali-Assamese
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=syl>
10296000 	zlm 	  	Malay 	  	Malaysia (Peninsular) 	Widespread in
Peninsular Malaysia, parts of Sarawak. Also in Canada, Indonesia
(Sumatra), Myanmar, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United States.
Arabic script. Latin script. 	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian,
Malayo-Sumbawan, North and East, Malayic, Malay
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=zlm>
A member of macrolanguage Malay [msa
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=msa>] (Malaysia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=MY>).
9977000 	ars 	  	Arabic, Najdi Spoken 	  	Saudi Arabia 	Also in Canada,
Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Syria, United States. 	  	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic,
Central, South, Arabic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ars>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
9500000 	bjj 	  	Kanauji 	  	India 	Uttar Pradesh, Kanpur, Farrukhabad,
Etawah, Hardoi, Shahjahanpur, Pilibhit, Mainpuri, Auraiya districts.
Devanagari script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Central
zone, Western Hindi, Unclassified
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bjj>
9406900 	aeb 	  	Arabic, Tunisian Spoken 	  	Tunisia 	Also in Belgium,
France, Germany, Libya. 	Arabic script. 	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central,
South, Arabic <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=aeb>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
9320240 	kmr 	  	Kurdish, Northern 	incubator-wikipedia 	Turkey (Asia)
Hakkari, Siirt, Mardin, Agri, Diyarbakir, Bitlis, Bingol, Van, Adiyaman,
and Mus, most; also Urfa, Kars, Tunceli, Malatya, Erzurum, Marash,
Sivas, and other provinces; communities in central Turkey (Cankiri,
Cihanbeyli, near Konya); many in large cities in the west, including
Istanbul, Adana, Ankara, Izmir. Also in Afghanistan, Armenia, Australia,
Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France,
Georgia, Germany, Greece, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait,
Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Netherlands, Norway, Russian Federation (Europe),
Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Turkmenistan, United Kingdom, United
States. 	Arabic script. Cyrillic script, used in Armenia. Latin script,
developed in 1932. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian, Western,
Northwestern, Kurdish
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=kmr>
A member of macrolanguage Kurdish [kur
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=kur>] (Iraq
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IQ>).
9000000 	dhd 	  	Dhundari 	  	India 	Rajasthan, Jaipur, Dausa, Tonk
districts. Possibly in Bundi, Kota, Kishangarh, Ajmer, Jhalawar,
northern Karauli, Sawai Madhopur districts. 	  	Indo-European,
Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Central zone, Rajasthani, Marwari
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=dhd>
A member of macrolanguage Marwari [mwr
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=mwr>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
7760000 	bfy 	  	Bagheli 	  	India 	Northeast Madhya Pradesh, Rewa,
Satna, Sidhi, Shahdol, Umaria, Anuppur, Jabalpur, Mandla, Chhindwara,
Dindori, Panna districts; Uttar Pradesh, Allahabad, Mirzapur, Banda,
Hamirpur districts; Chhattisgarh, Bilaspur and Koriya districts. Also in
Nepal. 	Devanagari script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan,
East Central zone <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bfy>
7600000 	ayn 	  	Arabic, Sanaani Spoken 	  	Yemen 	Extends as far south
as Dhamar. 	  	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ayn>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
7078500 	acq 	  	Arabic, Ta’izzi-Adeni Spoken 	  	Yemen 	All provinces
except the 2 east and the northeast ones. Probably a few in United Arab
Emirates and Saudi Arabia. Also in Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Kenya,
Libya, Somalia, United Kingdom. 	  	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central,
South, Arabic <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=acq>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
6970000 	vah 	  	Varhadi-Nagpuri 	  	India 	Maharashtra, Amravati,
Buldana, Akola districts; Madhya Pradesh, Chhindwara and Balaghat
districts; Andhra Pradesh, Adilabad and Nizamabad districts.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Southern zone, Unclassified
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=vah>
6300000 	lua 	  	Luba-Kasai 	  	Democratic Republic of the Congo
Widespread in Kasaï Occidental and Kasaï Oriental provinces. 	Latin
script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid,
Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, L, Luba (L.30)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=lua>
6300000 	ayp 	  	Arabic, North Mesopotamian Spoken 	  	Iraq 	Tigris,
part of the Euphrates valleys north of Baghdad. Also in Jordan, Syria,
Turkey (Asia). 	  	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ayp>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
6200000 	ajp 	  	Arabic, South Levantine Spoken 	incubator-wikipedia
Jordan 	Also in Argentina, Egypt, Israel, Kuwait, Libya, Palestinian
West Bank and Gaza, Puerto Rico, Syria. 	  	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic,
Central, South, Arabic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ajp>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
6170900 	sat 	  	Santali 	incubator-wikipedia 	India 	Bihar, Bhagalpur,
Munger districts; Jharkhand, Manbhum, Hazaribagh districts, Orissa,
Balasore District; West Bengal, Birbhum, Bankura districts; Assam;
Mizoram; Tripura. Also in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal. 	Bengali script.
Devanagari script. Latin script, used in Bangladesh. Ol Chiki (Ol
Cemet’, Ol, Santali) script. Oriya script. 	Austro-Asiatic, Munda, North
Munda, Kherwari, Santali
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=sat>
6023900 	acw 	  	Arabic, Hijazi Spoken 	  	Saudi Arabia 	Red Sea coast
and adjacent highlands. Also in Eritrea. 	  	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic,
Central, South, Arabic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=acw>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
6009400 	nod 	  	Thai, Northern 	incubator-wikipedia 	Thailand 	Chiang
Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang, Maehongson, Hot, Nan, Phayao, Phrae,
Uttaradit, Tak provinces. Also in Laos. 	Lanna (Tai Tham) script, most
are not literate in this Old Northern script. Thai script. 	Tai-Kadai,
Kam-Tai, Be-Tai, Tai-Sek, Tai, Southwestern, East Central, Chiang Saeng
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=nod>
6000000 	lmn 	  	Lambadi 	  	India 	Andhra Pradesh; Madhya Pradesh;
Himachal Pradesh; Gujarat; Tamil Nadu; Maharashtra; Karnataka; Orissa;
West Bengal. 	Devanagari script. Kannada script. Telugu script.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Central zone, Rajasthani,
Unclassified <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=lmn>
5770000 	hil 	  	Hiligaynon 	incubator-wikipedia 	Philippines 	Iloilo
and Capiz provinces, Panay, Negros Occidental, Visayas. Also in United
States. 	Latin script. 	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, Philippine,
Greater Central Philippine, Central Philippine, Bisayan, Central,
Peripheral <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=hil>
5622600 	rwr 	  	Marwari 	  	India 	Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer,
Barmer, Bikaner, Churu, Pali, Jalore districts; Gujarat; Madhya Pradesh;
Punjab; Delhi; Haryana; Uttar Pradesh; thoughout India. Also in Nepal,
Pakistan. 	Devanagari script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan,
Central zone, Rajasthani, Marwari
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=rwr>
A member of macrolanguage Marwari [mwr
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=mwr>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
5530000 	min 	  	Minangkabau 	incubator-wikipedia 	Indonesia (Sumatra)
Widespread in the Indonesian Archipelago; west central Sumatra, Padang
area. Nearly half live outside central Sumatra; South Sumatra, west
coast Mukomuko area. 	Latin script. 	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian,
Malayo-Sumbawan, North and East, Malayic, Malay
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=min>
5430000 	suk 	  	Sukuma 	  	Tanzania 	Northwest, between Lake Victoria
and Lake Rukwa, Shinyanga to Serengeti Plain (Kiya); also Mwanza (Gwe).
Few in cities; 88% in the traditional area. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow
Bantu, Central, F, Sukuma-Nyamwezi (F.20)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=suk>
5061700 	mos 	  	Mòoré 	  	Burkina Faso 	Central Ouagadougou area;
widespread. Also in Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Mali, Senegal, Togo.
Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, North, Gur,
Central, Northern, Oti-Volta, Western, Northwest
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mos>
5000000 	wtm 	  	Mewati 	  	India 	Rajasthan, Alwar, Bharatpur, Dholpur
districts; Uttar Pradesh, Madhura District; Haryana, Gurgaon, Faridabad
districts. 	  	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Central zone,
Unclassified <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=wtm>
5000000 	kng 	  	Koongo 	  	Democratic Republic of the Congo 	Bas-Congo
Province cataract, Mbanza Manteke area; Fioti north of Boma, and
scattered along Congo River from Brazzaville to its mouth. Also in
Angola, Congo. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo,
Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, H, Kongo (H.10)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=kng>
A member of macrolanguage Kongo [kon
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=kon>] (Democratic
Republic of the Congo
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CD>).
4910000 	vmf 	  	Mainfränkisch 	incubator-wikipedia 	Germany 	Mostly
River Main area, including Mainz, west of Frankfurt. 	  	Indo-European,
Germanic, West, High German, German, Middle German, West Middle German,
Moselle Franconian
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=vmf>
4850000 	gug 	  	Guaraní, Paraguayan 	  	Paraguay 	Also in Argentina.
Latin script. 	Tupi, Tupi-Guarani, Subgroup I
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=gug>
A member of macrolanguage Guarani [grn
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=grn>] (Paraguay
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=PY>).
4730000 	hoj 	  	Hadothi 	  	India 	Rajasthan, Kota, Jhalawar, Bundi,
Baran districts; Madhya Pradesh, Gwalior District. 	Devanagari script.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Central zone, Rajasthani,
Unclassified <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=hoj>
A member of macrolanguage Rajasthani [raj
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=raj>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
4600000 	czh 	  	Chinese, Huizhou 	  	China 	South Anhui Province,
Huizhou region and Jixi, She (Xi), Ningguo, Jingde, Tunxi, Xiuning, Yi,
Qimen and Dongzhi counties; northern Zhejiang Province, Chun’an County,
Jiande municipality; northeast Jiangxi Province, Wuyuan, Dexing and
Fuliang counties. 	Han script, Simplified variant. Han script,
Traditional variant. 	Sino-Tibetan, Chinese
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=czh>
A member of macrolanguage Chinese [zho
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zho>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
4500000 	sou 	  	Thai, Southern 	incubator-wikipedia 	Thailand
Chumphon, Nakorn Srithammarat; 14 provinces total. Muslim Tai in
provinces of Chumporn, Nakorn Srithammarat, Phattalung, Songkhla,
Ranong, Phanga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang, Satun. 	Thai script. 	Tai-Kadai,
Kam-Tai, Be-Tai, Tai-Sek, Tai, Southwestern, Southern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=sou>
4410000 	luo 	  	Dholuo 	incubator-wikipedia 	Kenya 	Nyanza Province.
Also in Tanzania. 	Latin script. 	Nilo-Saharan, Eastern Sudanic,
Nilotic, Western, Luo, Southern, Luo-Acholi, Luo
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=luo>
4321000 	ayl 	  	Arabic, Libyan Spoken 	incubator-wikipedia 	Libya
Especially north half. Also in Egypt, Niger. 	  	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic,
Central, South, Arabic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ayl>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
4200000 	ktu 	  	Kituba 	  	Democratic Republic of the Congo 	Bas-Congo
and south Bandundu provinces. 	Latin script. 	Creole, Kongo based
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ktu>
4156090 	aln 	  	Albanian, Gheg 	incubator-wikipedia 	Serbia 	Kosovo.
Also in Albania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Macedonia, Montenegro,
Romania, Slovenia, United States. 	Latin script. 	Indo-European,
Albanian, Gheg <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=aln>
A member of macrolanguage Albanian [sqi
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=sqi>] (Albania
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=AL>).
4101000 	nso 	  	Sotho, Northern
incubator-wiktionary,incubator-wikipedia 	South Africa 	Transvaal, south
and central. Also in Botswana. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow
Bantu, Central, S, Sotho-Tswana (S.30), Sotho, Northern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=nso>
4004490 	knn 	  	Konkani 	  	India 	North and central coastal strip of
Maharashtra; Karnataka; Dadra and Nagar Haveli; Kerala. Also in
Canada. 	Devanagari script, official script. Kannada script, no longer
in use. Latin script, no longer in use. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian,
Indo-Aryan, Southern zone, Konkani
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=knn>
A member of macrolanguage Konkani [kok
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=kok>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
4002880 	umb 	  	Umbundu 	  	Angola 	West, Benguela District. Also in
Namibia. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo,
Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, R, South Mbundu
(R.10) <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=umb>
3960000 	kam 	  	Kamba 	  	Kenya 	South central, Eastern Province,
Machakos and Kitui districts; Coast Province, Kwale District. 	Latin
script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid,
Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, E, Kikuyu-Kamba (E.20)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=kam>
3952810 	rmt 	  	Domari 	  	Iran 	Kurbat and Luli in west; Mehtar in
Fars and Kohgiluyeh va Boyerahmad Province; Karachi in north. Also in
Afghanistan, Egypt, India, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Libya, Palestinian West
Bank and Gaza, Russian Federation (Europe), Sudan, Syria, Turkey
(Europe), Uzbekistan. 	  	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan,
Central zone, Dom <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=rmt>
3930000 	mui 	  	Musi 	incubator-wikipedia 	Indonesia (Sumatra) 	South
Sumatra Province, Musi River upstream to Bukit Barisan mountains,
downstream to eastern coastal swamplands. 	  	Austronesian,
Malayo-Polynesian, Malayo-Sumbawan, North and East, Malayic, Malay
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mui>
3900000 	wry 	  	Merwari 	  	India 	Rajasthan, Ajmer, Nagaur
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=wry>
A member of macrolanguage Marwari [mwr
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=mwr>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
3800000 	myi 	  	Mina 	  	India 	Madhya Pradesh, Gwalior, Shivpuri,
Guna, Rajgarh districts, Vidisha District, Sironj Subdivision;
Rajasthan, Jaipur, Alwar, Bharatpur, Sawai Madhopur, Tonk, Bundi, Ajmer
districts. 	  	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Unclassified
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=myi>
3691000 	fuc 	  	Pulaar 	  	Senegal 	Fulbe Jeeri and Toucouleur
primarily in Senegal River Valley and Mauritania; Fulacunda in Upper
Casamance region, west of Kolda to Gambia River headwaters east, from
Senegal south border to Gambian border north. Also in Gambia, Guinea,
Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Mauritania. 	Arabic script, Ajami style. Latin
script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Atlantic, Northern, Senegambian,
Fulani-Wolof, Fula, Western
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=fuc>
A member of macrolanguage Fulah [ful
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ful>] (Senegal
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SN>).
3633900 	gom 	  	Konkani, Goan
incubator-wiktionary,incubator-wikipedia 	India 	South coast strip of
Maharashtra, Ratnagari District; Goa; Karnataka; Kerala. Also in Kenya,
United Arab Emirates. 	Kannada script. Latin script. 	Indo-European,
Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Southern zone, Konkani
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=gom>
A member of macrolanguage Konkani [kok
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=kok>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
3602000 	bem 	  	Bemba 	  	Zambia 	North, Copperbelt, and Luapula
provinces. Also in Botswana, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Malawi.
Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo,
Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, M, Bemba (M.40)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bem>
3599000 	afb 	  	Arabic, Gulf Spoken 	  	Iraq 	Zubair area, Fau
Peninsula. Also in Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi
Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen. 	  	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central,
South, Arabic <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=afb>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
3502300 	bjn 	  	Banjar 	  	Indonesia (Kalimantan) 	Around Banjarmasin
south and east; East Kalimantan, coastal regions of Pulau Laut, Kutai
and Pasir; Central Kalimantan as far as Sampit. Also in Malaysia
(Sabah). 	  	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, Malayo-Sumbawan, North and
East, Malayic, Malay
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bjn>
3500000 	bug 	  	Bugis 	incubator-wiktionary,wikipedia 	Indonesia
(Sulawesi) 	Western coast of southeast Sulawesi in Kolaka, Wundulako,
Rumbia, and Poleang districts. Also in major towns of Sulawesi. Large
enclaves also in other provinces of Sulawesi, Kalimantan, Maluku, Papua,
and Sumatra; coastal swamp areas such as Bulukumba, Luwu, Polewali in
Polmas, Pasangkayu in Mamuju districts. Also in Malaysia (Sabah).
Buginese script. Latin script. 	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, South
Sulawesi, Bugis <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bug>
3405000 	bcc 	  	Balochi, Southern
incubator-wikiversity,incubator-wikipedia 	Pakistan 	South Balochistan,
south Sind, Karachi. Also in Iran, Oman, United Arab Emirates. 	Arabic
script, Nastaliq style. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian, Western,
Northwestern, Balochi
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bcc>
A member of macrolanguage Baluchi [bal
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=bal>] (Pakistan
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=PK>).
3330000 	ban 	  	Bali 	incubator-wikipedia 	Indonesia (Java and Bali)
Island of Bali, north Nusa Penida, west Lombok Islands, and east Java,
South Sulawesi. 	Balinese script. Javanese script, no longer in use.
Latin script, used since early 20th century. 	Austronesian,
Malayo-Polynesian, Malayo-Sumbawan, North and East, Bali-Sasak-Sumbawa
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ban>
3295000 	shn 	  	Shan 	incubator-wikipedia 	Myanmar 	Shan state,
southeast Myanmar. Kokang Shan is in Kokang area, north Wa area, Shan
state; Tai Mao is on Burma-Yunnan border, centered at Mu’ang Mao Long or
Namkham, Myanmar. Also in China, Thailand. 	Myanmar (Burmese) script.
Tai-Kadai, Kam-Tai, Be-Tai, Tai-Sek, Tai, Southwestern, Northwest
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=shn>
3270000 	mzn 	  	Mazanderani
incubator-wikinews,incubator-wikibooks,incubator-wikiversity,incubator-wiktionary,incubator-wikiquotes
	Iran 	North near Caspian Sea, south half of Mazanderan Province.
Arabic script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian, Western,
Northwestern, Caspian
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mzn>
3270000 	glk 	  	Gilaki
incubator-wikinews,incubator-wikibooks,incubator-wikiversity,incubator-wiktionary,incubator-wikiquotes
	Iran 	Gilan region, coastal plain, south of Talish. Galeshi is a
mountain dialect. 	Arabic script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian,
Western, Northwestern, Caspian
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=glk>
3240500 	knc 	  	Kanuri, Central 	  	Nigeria 	Borno state, Kukawa, Kaga,
Konduga, Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, Bama, Gwoza LGAs; Yobe state, Nguru,
Geidam, Damaturu, Fika, Fune, and Gujba LGAs; Jigawa state, Hadejia LGA.
Also in Cameroon, Chad, Eritrea, Niger, Sudan. 	Arabic script, Ajami
style. Latin script. 	Nilo-Saharan, Saharan, Western, Kanuri
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=knc>
A member of macrolanguage Kanuri [kau
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=kau>] (Nigeria
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=NG>).
3202600 	jam 	  	Jamaican Creole English 	incubator-wikipedia 	Jamaica
Also in Canada, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Panama, United Kingdom,
United States. 	  	Creole, English based, Atlantic, Western
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=jam>
3150000 	tzm 	  	Tamazight, Central Atlas 	incubator-wikipedia
Morocco 	Middle Atlas, High Atlas, east High Atlas Mountains. 1,200,000
in rural areas between Taza, Khemisset, Azilal, Errachidia; 100,000
outside language area. Also in Algeria, France. 	Arabic script. Latin
script. Tifinagh (Berber) script. 	Afro-Asiatic, Berber, Northern, Atlas
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=tzm>
3126000 	kab 	  	Kabyle 	incubator-wiktionary 	Algeria 	Grande Kabylie
Mt. range, west Kabylia. Lesser Kabyle in Aokas town area. Also in
Belgium, France. 	Arabic script. Latin script. Tifinagh (Berber)
script. 	Afro-Asiatic, Berber, Northern, Kabyle
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=kab>
3123190 	mey 	  	Hassaniyya 	  	Mauritania 	Also in Algeria, Libya,
Mali, Morocco, Niger, Senegal, Western Sahara. 	Latin script.
Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South, Arabic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mey>
3100000 	czo 	  	Chinese, Min Zhong 	  	China 	Central Fujian Province,
Sha County, Yong’an and Sanming municipalities. 	  	Sino-Tibetan,
Chinese <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=czo>
A member of macrolanguage Chinese [zho
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zho>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
3090000 	vmw 	  	Makhuwa 	  	Mozambique 	Nampula, south of Meetto
area. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo,
Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, P, Makua (P.30)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=vmw>
3000000 	swv 	  	Shekhawati 	  	India 	Rajasthan, Sikar, Jhunjhunun,
Churu districts. 	  	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Central
zone, Rajasthani, Marwari
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=swv>
A member of macrolanguage Marwari [mwr
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=mwr>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
3000000 	shi 	  	Tachelhit
incubator-wikinews,incubator-wikibooks,incubator-wiktionary,incubator-wikipedia
	Morocco 	Southwest, from coast south to Ifni, north to near Agadir,
northeast to Marrakech outskirts, east to Draa, including Sous valley,
and south near the border. Also in Algeria, France. 	Arabic script.
Tifinagh (Berber) script. 	Afro-Asiatic, Berber, Northern, Atlas
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=shi>
3000000 	sdh 	  	Kurdish, Southern 	incubator-wikipedia 	Iran 	Western
Iran, Kermanshah, Ilam provinces; Eastern Iraq border with those
provinces including Xanaqin. Also in Iraq. 	Arabic script.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian, Western, Northwestern, Kurdish
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=sdh>
A member of macrolanguage Kurdish [kur
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=kur>] (Iraq
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IQ>).
3000000 	kmb 	  	Kimbundu 	  	Angola 	Northwest, Luanda Province. 	Latin
script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid,
Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, H, Mbundu (H.20)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=kmb>
3000000 	hrx 	  	Hunsrik 	  	Brazil 	Widespread with high concentrations
in Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina, and Paraná. Also in Argentina,
Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay. 	  	Indo-European, Germanic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=hrx>
3000000 	gdx 	  	Godwari 	  	India 	Rajasthan, Jhalor, Sirohi, Pali
districts. 	  	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Central zone,
Rajasthani, Marwari
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=gdx>
2929200 	fuf 	  	Pular 	  	Guinea 	Northwest, Fouta Djallon area. Also
in Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Senegal, Sierra Leone. 	Arabic script.
Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Atlantic, Northern,
Senegambian, Fulani-Wolof, Fula, West Central
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=fuf>
A member of macrolanguage Fulah [ful
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ful>] (Senegal
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SN>).
2920000 	gbm 	  	Garhwali 	incubator-wikipedia 	India 	Uttarakhand;
Tehri Garhwal, Pauri Garhwal, Uttarkashi, Chamoli, Dehra Dun,
Rudraprayag districts; Himachal Pradesh; Tehri and Uttarkash, Jaunpuri
and Ravai. 	Devanagari script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan,
Northern zone, Garhwali
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=gbm>
2900000 	sid 	  	Sidamo 	  	Ethiopia 	South central, Sidamo zone,
northeast of Lake Abaya and southeast of Lake Awasa. 	Ethiopic script.
Latin script. 	Afro-Asiatic, Cushitic, East, Highland
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=sid>
2700000 	bew 	  	Betawi 	incubator-wikipedia 	Indonesia (Java and
Bali) 	Jakarta, Java. 	  	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian,
Malayo-Sumbawan, North and East, Malayic, Malay, Trade
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bew>
2680000 	ins 	  	Indian Sign Language 	  	India 	Widespread. Also in
Bangladesh, Pakistan. 	  	Deaf sign language
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ins>
2649205 	pcc 	  	Bouyei 	incubator-wikipedia 	China 	Guizhou-Yunnan
plateau, mainly Buyi-Miao and Miao-Dong autonomous prefectures, Zhenning
and Guanling counties, south and southwest Guizhou; Yunnan Province,
Luoping County; Sichuan Province, Ningnan and Huidong counties. Also in
France, United States, Viet Nam. 	Latin script. 	Tai-Kadai, Kam-Tai,
Be-Tai, Tai-Sek, Tai, Northern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=pcc>
2600000 	meo 	  	Malay, Kedah 	  	Malaysia (Peninsular) 	Kedah, Penang,
Perlis, and (north) Perak states. Also in Thailand. 	  	Austronesian,
Malayo-Polynesian, Malayo-Sumbawan, North and East, Malayic, Malay
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=meo>
A member of macrolanguage Malay [msa
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=msa>] (Malaysia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=MY>).
2558800 	cpx 	  	Chinese, Pu-Xian 	incubator-wikipedia 	China 	East
central Fujian Province, Putian and Xianyou counties. Also in Malaysia
(Peninsular), Singapore. 	  	Sino-Tibetan, Chinese
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=cpx>
A member of macrolanguage Chinese [zho
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zho>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
2500000 	bcl 	  	Bicolano, Central 	incubator-wiktionary 	Philippines
Luzon, Camarines Norte and Sur, south Catanduanes, north Sorsogon,
Albay. Naga City and Legaspi City are centers. 	Latin script.
Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, Philippine, Greater Central Philippine,
Central Philippine, Bikol, Coastal, Naga
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bcl>
A member of macrolanguage Bikol [bik
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=bik>] (Philippines
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=PH>).
2438400 	dje 	  	Zarma 	  	Niger 	Southwest. Also in Burkina Faso, Mali,
Nigeria. 	Arabic script, Ajami style. Latin script. 	Nilo-Saharan,
Songhai, Southern <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=dje>
2380000 	ndc 	  	Ndau 	  	Mozambique 	South central region, Sofala and
Manica Province, south of Beira. Also in Zimbabwe. 	Latin script.
Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid,
Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, S, Shona (S.10)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ndc>
2360000 	kfy 	  	Kumaoni 	incubator-wikipedia 	India 	Uttarakhand,
Almora, Nainital, Pithoragarh, Bageshwar, Champawat, Udhamsingh Nagar
districts; Central Kumaoni in Almora and north Nainital; Northeastern
Kumaoni in Pithoragarh; Southeastern Kumaoni in southeast Nainital;
Western Kumaoni west of Almora and Nainital. 	Devanagari script.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Northern zone, Central Pahari
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=kfy>
2350000 	pse 	  	Malay, Central 	incubator-wikipedia 	Indonesia
(Sumatra) 	South Sumatra, central Bukit Barisan highlands west to the
Indian ocean along Bengkulu coast, east down Lematang and Ogan river
valleys; south of Muaraenim, east and southeast of Lahat.
Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, Malayo-Sumbawan, North and East,
Malayic, Malay <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=pse>
2330000 	nyn 	  	Nyankore 	  	Uganda 	Southwest, Bushenyi and Mbarara
districts mainly; Kanungu, Ntungamo, and Rukungiri districts. 	Latin
script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid,
Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, J, Nyoro-Ganda (J.10)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=nyn>
2320000 	sgw 	  	Sebat Bet Gurage 	  	Ethiopia 	West Gurage region.
Chaha in Emdibir area; Gura in Gura Megenase and Wirir areas; Muher in
Ch’eza area, mountains north of Chaha and Ezha; Gyeto south of Ark’it’
in K’abul and K’want’e; Ezha in Agenna. 	Ethiopic script. 	Afro-Asiatic,
Semitic, South, Ethiopian, South, Outer, tt-Group
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=sgw>
2262900 	ayr 	  	Aymara, Central 	  	Bolivia 	Whole Altiplano west of
eastern Andes. Some migration to yungas and lowlands. Also in Argentina,
Chile, Peru. 	Latin script. 	Aymaran
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ayr>
A member of macrolanguage Aymara [aym
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=aym>] (Bolivia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=BO>).
2220000 	brh 	  	Brahui 	incubator-wikipedia 	Pakistan 	South central,
Quetta and Kalat region, east Baluchistan and Sind provinces. Also in
Afghanistan, Iran, Turkmenistan. 	Arabic script, Nastaliq style.
Dravidian, Northern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=brh>
2210000 	tiv 	  	Tiv 	  	Nigeria 	Benue state, Makurdi, Gwer, Gboko
Kwande, Vandeikya, and Katsina Ala LGAs; Plateau state, Lafia LGA;
Taraba state, Bali, Takum, and Wukari LGAs. Also in Cameroon. 	Latin
script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid,
Southern, Tivoid <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=tiv>
2210000 	haz 	  	Hazaragi 	incubator-wikipedia 	Afghanistan 	Central
mountains between Kabul and Herat (Hazarajat); Kabul, between Maimana
and Sari-Pul; north from immediately south of Ikoh i Baba mountain range
almost to Mazar e Sharif; many refugees. Also in Iran, Pakistan,
Tajikistan. 	Arabic script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian,
Western, Southwestern, Persian
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=haz>
2130000 	bci 	  	Baoulé 	  	Côte d’Ivoire 	Central Department,
widespread in the south. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo,
Volta-Congo, Kwa, Nyo, Potou-Tano, Tano, Central, Bia, Northern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bci>
2120300 	guz 	  	Ekegusii 	  	Kenya 	Nyanza Province, Kisii District,
south of Kavirondo Gulf. Also in Tanzania. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow
Bantu, Central, E, Kuria (E.10)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=guz>
2110000 	dgo 	  	Dogri 	incubator-wikipedia 	India 	Jammu and Kashmir,
Udhampur, Reasi, Kathua, Poonch districts. 	Arabic script, Nastaliq
style, no longer in use. Devanagari script. 	Indo-European,
Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Northern zone, Western Pahari
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=dgo>
A member of macrolanguage Dogri [doi
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=doi>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
2100000 	sas 	  	Sasak 	  	Indonesia (Nusa Tenggara) 	Lombok Island.
Latin script. 	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, Malayo-Sumbawan, North
and East, Bali-Sasak-Sumbawa, Sasak-Sumbawa
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=sas>
2100000 	bgq 	  	Bagri 	  	India 	Punjab, Firozepur District; Rajasthan,
Hanumangarh, Sriganganagar districts; Haryana, Sirsa, Fatehabad
districts. Also in Pakistan. 	  	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian,
Indo-Aryan, Central zone, Rajasthani, Unclassified
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bgq>
A member of macrolanguage Rajasthani [raj
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=raj>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
2094200 	kru 	  	Kurux 	  	India 	Chhattisgarh, Raigarh, Surguja
districts; Jharkhand Ranchi District; West Bengal, Jalpaigiri District;
Bihar; Orissa, Sundargarh, Jharsuguda districts; Assam; Tripura. Also in
Bangladesh, Bhutan. 	Devanagari script. 	Dravidian, Northern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=kru>
2060000 	xog 	  	Soga 	  	Uganda 	Central, between lakes Victoria and
Kyoga: Kamuli, Bagiri and Mayuge districts; Kaliro District (Lulamogi
Dialect); Jinja District (Lutenga Dialect); Iganga District, Busiki
County (Lusiki Dialect). 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo,
Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, J,
Nyoro-Ganda (J.10)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=xog>
2031800 	emk 	  	Maninkakan, Eastern 	  	Guinea 	Widespread in upper
region; central, Kankan region; forest region near Liberia. Also in
Liberia, Sierra Leone. 	Latin script. N’Ko script. 	Niger-Congo, Mande,
Western, Central-Southwestern, Central, Manding-Jogo, Manding-Vai,
Manding-Mokole, Manding, Manding-East, Southeastern Manding
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=emk>
A member of macrolanguage Mandingo [man
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=man>] (Guinea
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=GN>).
2000000 	sxu 	  	Saxon, Upper 	  	Germany 	East, southeast, Sachsen with
Dresden, Leipzig, Chemnitz, Halle in Sachsen-Anhalt. 	  	Indo-European,
Germanic, West, High German, German, Middle German, East Middle German
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=sxu>
2000000 	mtr 	  	Mewari 	  	India 	Rajasthan, Udaipur, Bhilwara,
Chittoaurgarh districts; Gujarat; Haryana; Delhi; Madhya Pradesh; Uttar
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mtr>
A member of macrolanguage Marwari [mwr
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=mwr>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
2000000 	iii 	ii 	Nuosu 	incubator-wikipedia 	China 	North Yunnan, south
Sichuan, mainly in Greater and Lesser Liangshan mountains. Spoken in
over 40 counties. 	Latin script. Yi script. 	Sino-Tibetan,
Tibeto-Burman, Burmic, Ngwi, Northern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=iii>
2000000 	btb 	  	Beti 	  	Cameroon 	Major part of Center and South
provinces; East Province, Lom-and-Djerem and Upper Nyong divisions.
Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo,
Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Northwest, A, Yaunde-Fang (A.70)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=btb>
2000000 	bbc 	  	Batak Toba 	incubator-wikipedia 	Indonesia (Sumatra)
North Sumatra, Samosir Island and east, south, and west of Toba Lake.
Batak script. Latin script. 	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, Northwest
Sumatra-Barrier Islands, Batak, Southern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bbc>
1980000 	zyb 	  	Zhuang, Yongbei 	  	China 	Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous
Region, N. Yongning, Hengxian, Bingyang, Wuming, Pingguo. 	  	Tai-Kadai,
Kam-Tai, Be-Tai, Tai-Sek, Tai, Northern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=zyb>
A member of macrolanguage Zhuang [zha
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zha>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
1970000 	sck 	  	Sadri 	  	India 	Jharkhand, Ranchi, Palamau districts;
West Bengal; Orissa; Assam; Madhya Pradesh; Andaman Islands; Nagaland.
Bengali script. Devanagari script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian,
Indo-Aryan, Eastern zone, Bihari
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=sck>
1950000 	tcy 	  	Tulu 	incubator-wikipedia 	India 	Karnataka, South
Kanara (Dakshina Kannada) and Udipi districts; Kerala, Kasargod
District; scattered in other states in India. 	Kannada script. Tulu
script, philosophical texts and religious verses are sometimes written
in this script. 	Dravidian, Southern, Tulu
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=tcy>
1950000 	gno 	  	Gondi, Northern 	  	India 	Madhya Pradesh, Betul,
Chhindwara, Seoni, Mandla, Balaghat districts; Maharashtra state,
Amravati, Wardha, Nagpur, Bhandara, Yavatmal districts. 	Devanagari
script. 	Dravidian, South-Central, Gondi-Kui, Gondi
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=gno>
A member of macrolanguage Gondi [gon
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=gon>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
1930000 	wbq 	  	Waddar 	  	India 	Andhra Pradesh; Karnataka;
Maharashtra, Jalgaon District. 	  	Dravidian, South-Central, Telugu
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=wbq>
1916000 	yao 	  	Yao 	  	Malawi 	Southeast tip of Lake Malawi area,
bordering Mozambique. Also in Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia. 	Latin
script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid,
Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, P, Yao (P.20)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=yao>
1900000 	quc 	  	K’iche’, Central 	  	Guatemala 	Central highlands,
Totonicapán, southern El Quiché, eastern Sololá, eastern Quezaltenango
departments. 	Latin script. 	Mayan, Quichean-Mamean, Greater Quichean,
Quichean, Quiche-Achi
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=quc>
1900000 	bhk 	  	Bicolano, Albay 	  	Philippines 	Luzon, west Albay
Province and Buhi, Camarines Sur. 	  	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian,
Philippine, Greater Central Philippine, Central Philippine, Bikol,
Inland, Buhi-Daraga
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bhk>
A member of macrolanguage Bikol [bik
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=bik>] (Philippines
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=PH>).
1880000 	mfp 	  	Malay, Makassar 	  	Indonesia (Sulawesi) 	South
Sulawesi, Makassar port area. 	  	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian,
Malayo-Sumbawan, North and East, Malayic, Malay, Trade
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mfp>
1880000 	hno 	  	Hindko, Northern 	  	Pakistan 	Hazara Division,
Mansehra and Abbotabad districts, Indus and Kaghan valleys and valleys
of Indus tributaries, NWFP. 	Arabic script. 	Indo-European,
Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Northwestern zone, Lahnda
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=hno>
A member of macrolanguage Lahnda [lah
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=lah>] (Pakistan
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=PK>).
1860000 	ymm 	  	Maay 	  	Somalia 	South, Gedo region, Middle and Lower
Shabeelle, Middle and Lower Jubba, Baay, and Bakool regions. Also in
Ethiopia, Kenya, Sudan, United States. 	  	Afro-Asiatic, Cushitic, East,
Somali <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ymm>
1849000 	teo 	  	Teso 	incubator-wikipedia 	Uganda 	East, Katakwi
(mainly), Soroti, Kaberamaido, Kumi, Pallisa, and Tororo districts.
Lokathan, Madial area, Nangeya Mountains north end. Also in Kenya.
Latin script. 	Nilo-Saharan, Eastern Sudanic, Nilotic, Eastern,
Lotuxo-Teso, Teso-Turkana, Teso
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=teo>
1840000 	zzj 	  	Zhuang, Zuojiang 	  	China 	Southwest Guangxi Province,
Tiandeng, Daxin, Chongzuo, Ningming, Longzhou and Pingxiang Jingxi
counties; Yunnan Province, Funing County, a few villages. Also in Viet
Nam. 	Han (Hanzi, Kanji, Hanja) script. 	Tai-Kadai, Kam-Tai, Be-Tai,
Tai-Sek, Tai, Central
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=zzj>
A member of macrolanguage Zhuang [zha
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zha>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
1830000 	bjq 	  	Malagasy, Southern Betsimisaraka 	  	Madagascar 	East
coast, Toamasina Province, Mahanoro District; Fianarantsoa Province,
Nosy Varika, Mananjary, Manakara Atsimo districts. 	  	Austronesian,
Malayo-Polynesian, Greater Barito, East, Malagasy
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bjq>
A member of macrolanguage Malagasy [mlg
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=mlg>] (Madagascar
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=MG>).
1810000 	zyn 	  	Zhuang, Yongnan 	  	China 	South Guangxi, south
Yongning, Longan, Fusui, Shangsi, Qinzhou and Fangcheng counties; some
in Jingxi County; Yunnan, Funing County. Also in Viet Nam.
Tai-Kadai, Kam-Tai, Be-Tai, Tai-Sek, Tai, Central
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=zyn>
A member of macrolanguage Zhuang [zha
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zha>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
1740000 	mer 	  	Kimîîru 	  	Kenya 	Eastern Province, Meru District,
northeast of Mt. Kenya. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo,
Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, E,
Kikuyu-Kamba (E.20), Meru
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mer>
1710000 	wbr 	  	Wagdi 	  	India 	Rajasthan, south Udaipur, Dungarpur,
Banswara districts; Gujarat, Sabarkantha, Panchmahals; Andhra Pradesh,
Hyderabad. 	Devanagari script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan,
Central zone, Bhil <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=wbr>
A member of macrolanguage Rajasthani [raj
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=raj>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
1710000 	fuv 	  	Fulfulde, Nigerian 	  	Nigeria 	Kano-Katsina, Kano,
Katsina, Zaria, Jos Plateau and southeast to Bauchi, Gombe is center;
Bororro in Bornu state, Maiduguri is center; Sokoto in Sokoto state.
Also in Cameroon, Chad. 	Arabic script, Ajami style. Latin script.
Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Atlantic, Northern, Senegambian,
Fulani-Wolof, Fula, East Central
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=fuv>
A member of macrolanguage Fulah [ful
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ful>] (Senegal
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SN>).
1700000 	xnr 	  	Kangri 	  	India 	Himachal Pradesh, Kangra, Hamirpur,
Una districts. 	Devanagari script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian,
Indo-Aryan, Northern zone, Western Pahari
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=xnr>
A member of macrolanguage Dogri [doi
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=doi>] (India
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>).
1700000 	rif 	  	Tarifit 	incubator-wikipedia 	Morocco 	North. Dialects
listed are near Al Hoceima. Also in Algeria, Belgium, France, Germany,
Netherlands, Spain. 	Arabic script. Latin script. Tifinagh (Berber)
script. 	Afro-Asiatic, Berber, Northern, Zenati, Riff
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=rif>
1690000 	avl 	  	Arabic, Eastern Egyptian Bedawi Spoken 	  	Egypt
Bedouin regions in Sinai; parts of Red Sea coast, almost to south
border; entire east bank. Also in Israel, Jordan, Palestinian West Bank
and Gaza, Syria. 	Arabic script. 	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, Central, South,
Arabic <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=avl>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
1637000 	lgg 	  	Lugbara 	  	Uganda 	Northwest, Arua and Yumbe
districts. Also in Democratic Republic of the Congo. 	Latin script.
Nilo-Saharan, Central Sudanic, East, Moru-Madi, Central
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=lgg>
1600000 	mak 	  	Makasar 	incubator-wikipedia 	Indonesia (Sulawesi)
South Sulawesi, southwest corner of the peninsula, most of Pangkep,
Maros, Gowa, Bantaeng, Jeneponto, and Takalar districts. 	Buginese
script. Latin script. 	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, South Sulawesi,
Makassar <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mak>
1580000 	khn 	  	Khandesi 	  	India 	Maharashtra, Dhule District, Sakri
tahsil, Nasik District, Satna tahsil, Nandurbar District, Nandurbar and
Shahada tahsils; Gujarat. 	  	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan,
Central zone, Khandesi
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=khn>
1580000 	cgg 	  	Chiga 	  	Uganda 	Extreme southwest: Kanungu, Kabale,
Kisoro, Ntungamo, and Rukungiri districts. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow
Bantu, Central, J, Nyoro-Ganda (J.10)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=cgg>
1572800 	nde 	nd 	Ndebele 	incubator-wikipedia 	Zimbabwe 	Matabeleland,
Bulawayo area. Also in Botswana, Zambia. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow
Bantu, Central, S, Nguni (S.40)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=nde>
1560280 	unr 	  	Mundari 	  	India 	Jharkhand, south and west Ranchi
District; Orissa; Madhya Pradesh; West Bengal; Himachal Pradesh; Assam;
Tripura; Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Also in Bangladesh, Nepal.
Bengali script. Devanagari script. Latin script. Oriya script.
Austro-Asiatic, Munda, North Munda, Kherwari, Mundari
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=unr>
1560000 	zlj 	  	Zhuang, Liujiang 	  	China 	Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous
Region: Liujiang, N. Laibin, Yishan, Liucheng, N. Xincheng.
Tai-Kadai, Kam-Tai, Be-Tai, Tai-Sek, Tai, Northern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=zlj>
A member of macrolanguage Zhuang [zha
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zha>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
1543300 	brx 	  	Bodo 	incubator-wikipedia 	India 	Assam, mainly in
Darrang, Nagaon, Kamrup districts; also in Goalpara, Sibsagar, Lakhimpur
districts; West Bengal, Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Cooch-Behar districts;
Manipur, Chandel (Tengnoupal) District; Meghalaya, West Garo Hills
District, 7 villages in the Tikrikilla block, East Khasi Hills District.
Also in Nepal. 	Bengali script. Devanagari script. Latin script.
Sino-Tibetan, Tibeto-Burman, Jingpho-Konyak-Bodo, Konyak-Bodo-Garo,
Bodo-Garo, Bodo <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=brx>
1510000 	lub 	lu 	Luba-Katanga 	  	Democratic Republic of the Congo
Katanga Province, Haut-Lomami District. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow
Bantu, Central, L, Luba (L.30)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=lub>
1500000 	zgb 	  	Zhuang, Guibei 	  	China 	Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous
Region: Longsheng, Sanjiang, Yongfu, Rongan, Rongshui, Luocheng,
Huanjiang, Hechi, Nandan, Tian’e, Donglan, Bama. 	  	Tai-Kadai, Kam-Tai,
Be-Tai, Tai-Sek, Tai, Northern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=zgb>
A member of macrolanguage Zhuang [zha
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zha>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
1500000 	rhg 	  	Rohingya 	  	Myanmar 	Rakhine state. Also in
Bangladesh, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Thailand. 	  	Indo-European,
Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Eastern zone, Bengali-Assamese
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=rhg>
1500000 	qxq 	  	Kashkay 	incubator-wikipedia 	Iran 	Southwest Iran,
Fars and South Kohgiluyeh va Boyerahmad Province. Shiraz, Gachsaran, and
Firuzabad are centers. 	Arabic script. 	Altaic, Turkic, Southern,
Azerbaijani <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=qxq>
1500000 	quz 	  	Quechua, Cusco 	  	Peru 	Departments of Cusco, half of
Puno, and northeast Arequipa. 	Latin script. 	Quechuan, Quechua II, C
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=quz>
A member of macrolanguage Quechua [que
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=que>] (Peru
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=PE>).
1500000 	ngl 	  	Lomwe 	  	Mozambique 	Northeast and central, most of
Zambezia Province, south Nampula Province. Prestige center is Alto
Molocue, Zambezia Province. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo,
Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, P,
Makua (P.30) <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ngl>
1500000 	lrc 	  	Luri, Northern 	incubator-wikipedia 	Iran 	Western
Iran: central and south Lorestan, north Khuzestan, south Hamadan
Province, south edge of Markazi Province, some regions of Ilam;
Khorramabad, Borujerd, Andimeshk; possibly eastern Iraq. 	Arabic
script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian, Western, Southwestern,
Luri <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=lrc>
1500000 	hoc 	  	Ho 	  	India 	Jharkhand, Singhbhum District, Kolhan,
Seraikella, Dhalbhum areas; Orissa, Mayurbhanj, and Koenjhar districts;
West Bengal. 	Devanagari script, used in Bihar. Oriya script, used in
Orissa. Varang Kshiti script. 	Austro-Asiatic, Munda, North Munda,
Kherwari, Mundari <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=hoc>
1499700 	men 	  	Mende 	  	Sierra Leone 	South central. Expanding along
the coast and south and east. Also in Liberia. 	Latin script. Mende
script, little used except for correspondence and record keeping,
especially accounting. 	Niger-Congo, Mande, Western,
Central-Southwestern, Southwestern, Mende-Loma, Mende-Bandi, Mende-Loko
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=men>
1490000 	laj 	  	Lango 	  	Uganda 	Central, Apac and Lira districts,
north of Lake Kyoga. 	Latin script. 	Nilo-Saharan, Eastern Sudanic,
Nilotic, Western, Luo, Southern, Luo-Acholi, Alur-Acholi, Lango-Acholi
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=laj>
1490000 	khg 	  	Tibetan, Khams 	  	China 	Northeast Tibet, Changdu
(Qamdo) and Naqu (Nagqu) districts; west Sichuan, Ganzi (Garzê) Tibetan
Autonomous Prefecture; northwest Yunnan Province, Diqing (Dêqên) Tibetan
Autonomous Prefecture; southwest Qinghai Province, Yushu Tibetan
Autonomous Prefecture. 	Tibetan script. 	Sino-Tibetan, Tibeto-Burman,
Himalayish, Tibeto-Kanauri, Tibetic, Tibetan, Northern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=khg>
1480000 	tyz 	  	Tày 	  	Viet Nam 	Central and northeast, near the China
border, Cao Bàng, Lang Son, Hà Giang, Tuye Quang, Bác Thái, Quang Ninh,
Hà Bac, Lam Dòng provinces; some settled south in Tung Nghia and Song
Mao. Possibly also in Laos. Also in France, United States. 	Latin
script. 	Tai-Kadai, Kam-Tai, Be-Tai, Tai-Sek, Tai, Central
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=tyz>
1480000 	ksw 	  	Karen, S’gaw 	incubator-wikipedia 	Myanmar 	Ayeyawaddy
(Irrawaddy) delta area, Taninthayi (Tenasserim) Division, the Pegu range
between the Irrawaddy and Sittang rivers, the eastern hills Kayin
(Karen) state. Also in Thailand. 	Latin script, no longer in use.
Myanmar (Burmese) script, Sgaw extensions. 	Sino-Tibetan, Tibeto-Burman,
Karen, Sgaw-Bghai, Sgaw
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ksw>
1440000 	gog 	  	Gogo 	  	Tanzania 	Dodoma region; Singida region,
Manyoni District. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo,
Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, G,
Gogo (G.10) <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=gog>
1435500 	fon 	  	Fon 	  	Benin 	Zou Province, Atlantic Province, south
Abomey-Calavi and Ouidah Subprefectures; Littoral Province, Cotonou.
Interspersed with other groups south and in towns north. Also in Togo.
Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Kwa, Left Bank,
Gbe, Fon <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=fon>
1430000 	noe 	  	Nimadi 	  	India 	Madhya Pradesh, Khandwa, Khargone,
Barwani, and south Dhar districts; Uttar Pradesh; Maharashtra.
Devanagari script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Central
zone, Rajasthani, Unclassified
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=noe>
1400000 	shy 	  	Tachawit 	  	Algeria 	Aurès Mountains, south and
southeast of Grand Kabylie. 	Arabic script, major usage. Latin script,
minor but increasing usage. Tifinagh (Berber) script. 	Afro-Asiatic,
Berber, Northern, Zenati, Shawiya
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=shy>
1400000 	kxm 	  	Khmer, Northern 	  	Thailand 	Northeast, mainly Surin,
Sisaket, Buriram, Khorat provinces. 	Thai script. 	Austro-Asiatic,
Mon-Khmer, Eastern Mon-Khmer, Khmer
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=kxm>
1400000 	cqd 	  	Miao, Chuanqiandian Cluster 	  	China 	West Guizhou,
west Guangxi, south Sichuan, Yunnan (especially southeast and
northeast). 	  	Hmong-Mien, Hmongic, Chuanqiandian
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=cqd>
A member of macrolanguage Hmong [hmn
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=hmn>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
1400000 	anw 	  	Anaang 	  	Nigeria 	Akwa Ibom state, Ikot Ekpene,
Essien Udim, Abak, Ukanafun, and Oruk-Anam LGAs. 	  	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Cross River, Delta Cross,
Lower Cross, Obolo, Efik
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=anw>
1391000 	mni 	  	Meitei 	incubator-wikipedia 	India 	Manipur; Assam,
Cachar, Karimganji; Nagaland; Tripura, West and North Tripura districts;
Uttar Pradesh; West Bengal. Also in Bangladesh, Myanmar. 	Bengali
script. Meetei Mayek script. 	Sino-Tibetan, Tibeto-Burman, Meitei
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mni>
1367000 	alz 	  	Alur 	  	Democratic Republic of the Congo 	Orientale
Province, Mahagi Territory, northwest to Djalasiga area. Also in
Uganda. 	Latin script. 	Nilo-Saharan, Eastern Sudanic, Nilotic, Western,
Luo, Southern, Luo-Acholi, Alur-Acholi, Alur
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=alz>
1348000 	mgh 	  	Makhuwa-Meetto 	  	Mozambique 	Cabo Delgado and Niassa
provinces. Also in Tanzania. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow
Bantu, Central, P, Makua (P.30)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mgh>
1346000 	mnk 	  	Mandinka 	  	Senegal 	Southeast and south central. Also
in Gambia, Guinea-Bissau. 	Arabic script. Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Mande, Western, Central-Southwestern, Central, Manding-Jogo,
Manding-Vai, Manding-Mokole, Manding, Manding-West
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mnk>
A member of macrolanguage Mandingo [man
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=man>] (Guinea
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=GN>).
1340000 	seh 	  	Sena 	  	Mozambique 	Northwest, Sofala, Manica, Tete,
and Zambezia provinces, lower Zambezi River region. 	Latin script.
Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid,
Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, N, Senga-Sena (N.40), Sena
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=seh>
1340000 	kde 	  	Makonde 	  	Tanzania 	Mtwara region, primarily Mtwara
Urban, Mtwara Rural, Tandahomba, and Newala districts. Also in
Mozambique. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo,
Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, P, Yao (P.20)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=kde>
1300000 	hay 	  	Haya 	  	Tanzania 	Kagera region, mainly Bukoba Urban
and Bukoba Rural districts. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo,
Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, J,
Haya-Jita (J.20) <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=hay>
1300000 	bhb 	  	Bhili 	incubator-wikipedia 	India 	Madhya Pradesh,
Jhabua, Dhar, Ratlam, Indore, Khargone districts; Gujarat, Sabarkantha,
Panchmahals, and Dahod districts. 	Devanagari script. Gujarati script.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Central zone, Bhil
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bhb>
1280000 	xmw 	  	Malagasy, Tsimihety 	  	Madagascar 	North central.
Latin script. 	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, Greater Barito, East,
Malagasy <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=xmw>
A member of macrolanguage Malagasy [mlg
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=mlg>] (Madagascar
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=MG>).
1250000 	snk 	  	Soninke 	  	Mali 	Nioro, Nara, Banamba, Yélémané, Kayes
principal towns. Possibly in Niger. Also in Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia,
Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mauritania, Senegal. 	Arabic script. Latin
script. 	Niger-Congo, Mande, Western, Northwestern, Soninke-Bobo,
Soninke-Boso, Soninke
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=snk>
1250000 	hea 	  	Miao, Northern Qiandong 	  	China 	East and south
Guizhou Province, Majiang, Danzhai, Leishan, Taijiang, Huangping,
Shibing, Jianhe, Zhenyuan, Sansui, Fuquan, Pingba, Zhenning, Xingren,
Anlong, Guanling, Zhenfeng and Ziyun counties, Kaili Qingzhen
municipalities; northwest Guangxi Province, Longlin County.
Hmong-Mien, Hmongic, Qiandong
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=hea>
A member of macrolanguage Hmong [hmn
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=hmn>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
1240000 	gmo 	  	Gamo-Gofa-Dawro 	  	Ethiopia 	Omo region, Arba Minch
area; mountains west to Lake Abaya. 	Ethiopic script. Latin script.
Afro-Asiatic, Omotic, North, Gonga-Gimojan, Gimojan, Ometo-Gimira,
Ometo, Central <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=gmo>
1230000 	wal 	  	Wolaytta 	  	Ethiopia 	Wolaytta region, Lake Abaya
area. 	Ethiopic script. 	Afro-Asiatic, Omotic, North, Gonga-Gimojan,
Gimojan, Ometo-Gimira, Ometo, Central
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=wal>
1230000 	tem 	  	Themne 	  	Sierra Leone 	Northern Province, west of
Sewa River to Little Scarcie. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Atlantic, Southern, Mel, Temne, Temne-Banta
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=tem>
1230000 	fuh 	  	Fulfulde, Western Niger 	  	Niger 	West, Burkina Faso
border east to Dogondoutchi area. Also in Benin, Burkina Faso. 	Arabic
script, Ajami style. Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo,
Atlantic, Northern, Senegambian, Fulani-Wolof, Fula, East Central
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=fuh>
A member of macrolanguage Fulah [ful
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ful>] (Senegal
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SN>).
1229000 	dyu 	  	Jula 	incubator-wikipedia 	Burkina Faso 	Comoé,
Kénédougou, Houet, and Leraba provinces. Also in Côte d’Ivoire, Mali.
Arabic script. Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Mande, Western,
Central-Southwestern, Central, Manding-Jogo, Manding-Vai,
Manding-Mokole, Manding, Manding-East, Northeastern Manding, Bamana
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=dyu>
1215000 	ach 	  	Acholi 	incubator-wikipedia 	Uganda 	North, Kitgum
District; Adjumani and Pader districts. Also in Sudan. 	Latin script.
Nilo-Saharan, Eastern Sudanic, Nilotic, Western, Luo, Southern,
Luo-Acholi, Alur-Acholi, Lango-Acholi
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ach>
1200000 	zeh 	  	Zhuang, Eastern Hongshuihe 	  	China 	Guangxi Zhuang
Autonomous Region, south of eastern Hongshuihe River and south of
Qianjiang River, includes south Shanglin, south Xincheng, south Xingbin,
north Guigang, west Guiping and south Wuxuan. 	  	Tai-Kadai, Kam-Tai,
Be-Tai, Tai-Sek, Tai, Northern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=zeh>
A member of macrolanguage Zhuang [zha
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zha>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
1200000 	vas 	  	Vasavi 	  	India 	Maharashtra, Nandurbar District,
Tapti River area; Gujarat, Surat, Bharuch districts, north of Tapti
River in southern areas of Akkalkuwa and Akrani (Dhadgaon) tahsils, a
narrow belt of land between Satpudas and Tapti banks; Satpudas; south of
Tapti in central and north Nandurbar and Nawapur tahsils. 	Devanagari
script. Gujarati script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan,
Central zone, Gujarati
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=vas>
1200000 	bts 	  	Batak Simalungun 	incubator-wikipedia 	Indonesia
(Sumatra) 	North, northeast of Lake Toba. 	Batak script. Latin script.
Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, Northwest Sumatra-Barrier Islands,
Batak, Simalungan <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bts>
1200000 	btd 	  	Batak Dairi 	incubator-wikipedia 	Indonesia (Sumatra)
Northern, southwest of Lake Toba around Sidikalang. 	Batak script.
Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, Northwest Sumatra-Barrier Islands,
Batak, Northern <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=btd>
1188000 	prk 	  	Wa, Parauk 	  	Myanmar 	Northeast Shan state, upper
Salween River area; East Shan state, Kengtung area. Also in China.
Austro-Asiatic, Mon-Khmer, Northern Mon-Khmer, Palaungic, Eastern
Palaungic, Waic, Wa
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=prk>
1186000 	bej 	  	Bedawiyet 	  	Sudan 	Northeast along Red Sea coast.
Also in Egypt, Eritrea. 	Arabic script. Latin script. 	Afro-Asiatic,
Cushitic, North <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bej>
1182000 	abr 	  	Abron 	  	Ghana 	Southwest, northwest of Asante Twi
[aka <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=aka>]. Also in
Côte d’Ivoire. 	  	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Kwa, Nyo,
Potou-Tano, Tano, Central, Akan
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=abr>
1180000 	tsc 	  	Tswa 	  	Mozambique 	South, most of Inhambane Province.
Also in South Africa, Zimbabwe. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow
Bantu, Central, S, Tswa-Ronga (S.50)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=tsc>
1162040 	pag 	  	Pangasinan 	wikipedia 	Philippines 	Pangasinan
Province, Luzon. Also in United States. 	Latin script. 	Austronesian,
Malayo-Polynesian, Philippine, Northern Luzon, Meso-Cordilleran,
South-Central Cordilleran, Southern Cordilleran, West Southern
Cordilleran <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=pag>
1161900 	srr 	  	Serer-Sine 	  	Senegal 	West central; Sine and Saloum
River valleys. Also in Gambia. 	Arabic script. Latin script.
Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Atlantic, Northern, Senegambian, Serer
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=srr>
1160000 	mkw 	  	Kituba 	  	Congo 	Mainly between Brazzaville and
Pointe-Noire. 	Latin script. 	Creole, Kongo based
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mkw>
1150000 	bhi 	  	Bhilali 	  	India 	Madhya Pradesh, Khargone (Segaon),
Barwani (Rajpur), southern Jhabua and southern Dhar districts;
Maharashtra, Dhule District; some in Gujarat; Karnataka; Rajasthan.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Central zone, Bhil
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bhi>
1142000 	zne 	  	Zande 	  	Democratic Republic of the Congo 	Far north
of Orientale Province, Bas-Uele District. Also in Central African
Republic, Sudan. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo,
Volta-Congo, North, Adamawa-Ubangi, Ubangi, Zande, Zande-Nzakara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=zne>
1142000 	tum 	  	Tumbuka 	wikipedia 	Malawi 	Northern Province, west
shore of Lake Malawi, south of the Ngonde, north of the Tonga and Ngoni.
Also in Zambia. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo,
Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, N,
Tumbuka (N.20) <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=tum>
1140000 	mtq 	  	Muong 	  	Viet Nam 	Mostly north central mountains, Hoa
Bình, Thanh Hóa, Vinh Phú, Yen Bai, Son La, Ninh Binh provinces. 	Latin
script. 	Austro-Asiatic, Mon-Khmer, Viet-Muong, Muong
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mtq>
1139000 	shu 	  	Arabic, Chadian Spoken 	  	Chad 	Salamat, Ouaddaï, Wadi
Fira regions, Batha region center and west, much of Chari-Baguirmi;
Mayo-Kebbi; north Tandjilé; Guéra. Also in Cameroon, Central African
Republic, Niger, Nigeria. 	Arabic script. Latin script. 	Afro-Asiatic,
Semitic, Central, South, Arabic
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=shu>
A member of macrolanguage Arabic [ara
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ara>] (Saudi Arabia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SA>).
1127000 	toi 	  	Tonga 	  	Zambia 	Southern and Western provinces. With
Ila [ilb <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ilb>] it
predominates south. Also in Zimbabwe. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow
Bantu, Central, M, Lenje-Tonga (M.60), Tonga
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=toi>
1120000 	myx 	  	Masaaba 	  	Uganda 	East, Mbale and Sirinko districts,
adjacent to Mount Elgon. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo,
Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, J,
Masaba-Luyia (J.30)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=myx>
1105000 	nyy 	  	Nyakyusa-Ngonde 	  	Tanzania 	South Mbeya region, Lake
Malawi north end; Iringa region, Makete District. Also in Malawi. 	Latin
script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid,
Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, M, Nyakyusa (M.30)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=nyy>
1100000 	btm 	  	Batak Mandailing 	incubator-wikipedia 	Indonesia
(Sumatra) 	North. 	Batak script. 	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian,
Northwest Sumatra-Barrier Islands, Batak, Southern
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=btm>
1080000 	zch 	  	Zhuang, Central Hongshuihe 	  	China 	Guangxi Zhuang
Autonomous Region, either side of central stretch of HSH River,
including Du’an, Dahua, Mashan, north Shanglin and possibly other border
areas such as east Pingguo. 	  	Tai-Kadai, Kam-Tai, Be-Tai, Tai-Sek,
Tai, Northern <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=zch>
A member of macrolanguage Zhuang [zha
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zha>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
1078200 	aar 	aa 	Afar
incubator-wikibooks,incubator-wiktionary,incubator-wikipedia 	Ethiopia
Eastern lowlands, Afar region. May be in Somalia. Also in Djibouti,
Eritrea. 	Ethiopic script, used in Ethiopia. Latin script.
Afro-Asiatic, Cushitic, East, Saho-Afar
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=aar>
1070000 	ndo 	ng 	Ndonga 	incubator-wikipedia,incubator-wikisource
Namibia 	Ovamboland. Also in Angola. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow
Bantu, Central, R, Ndonga (R.20)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ndo>
1062000 	tsg 	  	Tausug 	incubator-wikipedia 	Philippines 	Jolo, Sulu
Archipelago. Palawan Island, Basilan Island, Zamboanga City and
environs. Also in Indonesia (Kalimantan), Malaysia (Sabah). 	Arabic
script. Latin script. 	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, Philippine,
Greater Central Philippine, Central Philippine, Bisayan, South,
Butuan-Tausug <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=tsg>
1060280 	sus 	  	Susu 	  	Guinea 	Mainly southwest and west. Also in
Guinea-Bissau, Senegal, Sierra Leone. 	Arabic script. Latin script.
Niger-Congo, Mande, Western, Central-Southwestern, Central, Susu-Yalunka
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=sus>
1056400 	yom 	  	Yombe 	  	Democratic Republic of the Congo 	Western
Bas-Congo Province, Mayombe Forest. Also in Angola, Congo.
Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid,
Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, H, Kongo (H.10)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=yom>
1050000 	tig 	  	Tigré 	  	Eritrea 	Also in Sudan. 	Ethiopic script.
Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, South, Ethiopian, North
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=tig>
1050000 	kjp 	  	Karen, Pwo Eastern 	  	Myanmar 	Kayin (Karen) state,
Mon state, Taninthayi (Tensserim) Division. Also in Thailand. 	Leke
script. Myanmar (Burmese) script. Thai script, used in Thailand.
Sino-Tibetan, Tibeto-Burman, Karen, Pwo
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=kjp>
1045000 	pmu 	  	Panjabi, Mirpur 	  	India 	Kashmir, Mirpur area, near
Pakistan border. Possibly in Pakistan. Also in United Kingdom.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Northwestern zone, Lahnda
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=pmu>
A member of macrolanguage Lahnda [lah
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=lah>] (Pakistan
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=PK>).
1045000 	mas 	  	Maasai 	incubator-wikisource 	Kenya 	Rift Valley
Province, Kajiado and Narok districts. Also in Tanzania. 	Latin
script. 	Nilo-Saharan, Eastern Sudanic, Nilotic, Eastern, Lotuxo-Teso,
Lotuxo-Maa, Ongamo-Maa
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mas>
1045000 	kzh 	  	Kenuzi-Dongola 	  	Sudan 	North, Northern Province,
mainly Dongola area. North boundary with Nobiin [fia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=fia>] is Burgeg. Also
in Egypt. 	Arabic script. Coptic script, Old Nubian. Latin script.
Nilo-Saharan, Eastern Sudanic, Eastern, Nubian, Central, Dongolawi
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=kzh>
1027900 	fan 	  	Fang 	  	Equatorial Guinea 	Interior. Also in Cameroon,
Congo, Gabon, São Tomé e Príncipe. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow
Bantu, Northwest, A, Yaunde-Fang (A.70)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=fan>
1025000 	mxc 	  	Manyika 	  	Zimbabwe 	Manicaland Province and adjacent
areas, northeast of Umtali. Also in Mozambique. 	Latin script.
Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid,
Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, S, Shona (S.10)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mxc>
1016650 	nga 	  	Ngbaka 	  	Democratic Republic of the Congo 	Equateur
Province, Gemena Territory area. 850 villages. Also in Central African
Republic, Congo. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo,
Volta-Congo, North, Adamawa-Ubangi, Ubangi, Gbaya-Manza-Ngbaka, East
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=nga>
1009780 	cjk 	  	Chokwe 	  	Democratic Republic of the Congo 	Near
Angola border, southeast Bandundu, Kasaï Occidental, and Katanga
provinces. Also in Angola, Namibia, Zambia. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo,
Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow
Bantu, Central, K, Chokwe-Luchazi (K.20)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=cjk>
1008500 	ffm 	  	Fulfulde, Maasina 	  	Mali 	Central. Western in Segou
and Macina areas; Eastern from north of Mopti to Boni east. Also in Côte
d’Ivoire, Ghana. 	Arabic script, Ajami style. Latin script.
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ffm>
A member of macrolanguage Fulah [ful
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ful>] (Senegal
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=SN>).
1000000 	zgn 	  	Zhuang, Guibian 	  	China 	Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous
Region; Fengshan, Tianlin, Longlin, Xilin, Lingyun, Leyun; Yunnan,
Funing, N. Guangnan. 	  	Tai-Kadai, Kam-Tai, Be-Tai, Tai-Sek, Tai,
Northern <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=zgn>
A member of macrolanguage Zhuang [zha
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zha>] (China
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=CN>).
1000000 	tdx 	  	Malagasy, Tandroy-Mahafaly 	  	Madagascar 	South,
Toliara Province, Beloha, Tsihombe, Ambovombe, Bekily districts.
Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, Greater Barito, East, Malagasy
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=tdx>
A member of macrolanguage Malagasy [mlg
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=mlg>] (Madagascar
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=MG>).
1000000 	stv 	  	Silt’e 	  	Ethiopia 	South of Addis Ababa 150km,
Werabey Town. 	Ethiopic script. 	Afro-Asiatic, Semitic, South,
Ethiopian, South, Transversal, Harari-East Gurage
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=stv>
1000000 	sop 	  	Songe 	  	Democratic Republic of the Congo 	Kasaï
Oriental Province, between Sankuru and Lualaba rivers, mainly Kabinda
zone and east into Katanga Province, Kongolo and Kabolo territories
of. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo,
Benue-Congo, Bantoid, Southern, Narrow Bantu, Central, L, Songye (L.20)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=sop>
1000000 	qug 	  	Quichua, Chimborazo Highland 	incubator-wikipedia
Ecuador 	Central highlands, Chimborazo and Bolivar provinces.
Quechuan, Quechua II, B
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=qug>
A member of macrolanguage Quechua [que
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=que>] (Peru
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=PE>).
1000000 	mfa 	  	Malay, Pattani 	incubator-wikipedia 	Thailand 	North,
Songkhla (Singgora) Province, Chana (Chenok) region, south through
Pattani, Narathiwat, Yala, Saiburi, Tak Bai. 	Arabic script. Thai
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mfa>
A member of macrolanguage Malay [msa
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=msa>] (Malaysia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=MY>).
1000000 	mdh 	  	Maguindanao 	  	Philippines 	Maguindanao, North
Cotabato, South Cotabato, Sultan Kuderat, and Zamboanga del Sur
provinces; Iranun also in Bukidnon, Mindanao. 	Latin script.
Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian, Philippine, Greater Central Philippine,
Danao, Magindanao <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=mdh>
1000000 	lki 	  	Laki 	  	Iran 	Western Iran, Ilam, Lorestan provinces,
cities of Aleshtar, Kuhdesht, Nurabad-e Dolfan, Khorramabad.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian, Western, Northwestern, Kurdish
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=lki>
1000000 	kmc 	  	Dong, Southern 	  	China 	Area where west Hunan and
north Guangxi provinces meet, southeast Guizhou (Yuping Autonomous
County); Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. 20 contiguous counties.
Tai-Kadai, Kam-Tai, Kam-Sui
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=kmc>
1000000 	jax 	  	Malay, Jambi 	  	Indonesia (Sumatra) 	Southeast
Sumatra, Jambi Province. 	  	Austronesian, Malayo-Polynesian,
Malayo-Sumbawan, North and East, Malayic, Malay
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=jax>
A member of macrolanguage Malay [msa
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=msa>] (Malaysia
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=MY>).
1000000 	ijc 	  	Izon 	  	Nigeria 	Bayelsa state, Yenagoa, South Ijaw,
Kolokuma-Opokuma, Ekeremor, and Sagbama LGAs; Delta state, Burutu,
Warri, and Ughelli LGAs; Ondo state, Ilaje, Ese-Odo LGAs; Ekiti state,
Ikole LGA. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Ijoid, Ijo, West
Ijo <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=ijc>
1000000 	igb 	  	Ebira 	  	Nigeria 	Kwara state, Okene, Okehi, and Kogi
LGAs; Nassarawa state, Nasarawa LGA; Edo state, Akoko-Edo LGA. 	Latin
script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Nupoid,
Ebira-Gade <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=igb>
1000000 	eth 	  	Ethiopian Sign Language 	  	Ethiopia 	  	  	Deaf sign
language <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=eth>
1000000 	diq 	  	Dimli 	incubator-wiktionary 	Turkey (Asia) 	East
central, mainly Elazig, Bingol, and Diyarbakir provinces, upper courses
of Euphrates, Kizilirmaq, and Murat rivers. Also in Germany. 	Latin
script. 	Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian, Western, Northwestern,
Zaza-Gorani <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=diq>
A member of macrolanguage Zaza [zza
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=zza>] (Turkey (Asia)
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=TRA>).
1000000 	bqi 	  	Bakhtiâri 	incubator-wikipedia 	Iran 	Southwest Iran:
west Chahar-Mahal va Bakhtiari, east Khuzestan, east Lorestan, west
Esfahan. Masjed-e Soleiman, Shahr-e Kord, Dorud. 	Arabic script.
Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian, Western, Southwestern, Luri
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bqi>
1000000 	bmm 	  	Malagasy, Northern Betsimisaraka 	  	Madagascar 	East
coast, Toamasina Province, Mananara Avaratra, Soanierana-Ivongo,
Fenoarivo Antsinana, Vavatenina, Toamasina districts. 	  	Austronesian,
Malayo-Polynesian, Greater Barito, East, Malagasy
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bmm>
A member of macrolanguage Malagasy [mlg
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=mlg>] (Madagascar
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=MG>).
1000000 	bin 	  	Edo 	incubator-wikipedia 	Nigeria 	Bendel state, Ovia,
Oredo, and Orhionmwon LGAs. 	Latin script. 	Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo,
Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Edoid, North-Central, Edo-Esan-Ora
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bin>
1000000 	bfz 	  	Pahari, Mahasu 	  	India 	Himachal Pradesh, Shimla
(Simla) and Solan districts. 	Devanagari script. 	Indo-European,
Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Northern zone, Western Pahari
<http://www.ethnologue.com/show_lang_family.asp?code=bfz>