[Foundation-l] Interesting legal action

Sarah slimvirgin at gmail.com
Sat May 21 13:21:12 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 20:19, Wjhonson <wjhonson at aol.com> wrote:

>  It is not up to us to decide that something is "private".  If it's been published, then it is public.
> If it's been published in a reliable source, than it's useable in our project.

But not everything that's usable has to be used. I'm increasingly
wondering whether we should be hosting any BLPs, because these are
often difficult decisions to make -- at which point there is
legitimate public interest in a person's private life -- and they
can't be reached thoughtfully in an open-editing environment.