[Foundation-l] Interesting legal action

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Fri May 20 22:08:11 UTC 2011

On 20 May 2011 18:02, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:

> > On 20 May 2011 22:47, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
> >> Please mail User:Oversight with any such instance you are aware of.
> >
> > That's not actually legal.
> >
> > --
> > geni
> >

> What on earth is illegal about assisting the project in avoiding
> publishing defamatory information?

What Geni means is that if he (as a UK resident) identified something that
violated the superinjunction, emailing Oversight would be sufficient for him
to violate the superinjunection.  I am not certain that is 100% correct, if
he does not name any names, but I can understand that perspective.  As it
is, there are plenty of non-UK citizens/residents watching the articles
involved to address the situation, so generally speaking UK
residents/citizens should not feel they are obliged to put themselves at
risk.

Risker/Anne