[Foundation-l] Interesting legal action

James Forrester james at jdforrester.org
Fri May 20 16:46:04 UTC 2011

On 20 May 2011 17:37, Chris Keating <chriskeatingwiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> It won't be too long before a reputable news source covers the whole issue -
> or indeed a British Parliamentarian raises it under parliamentary privilege.
>
> Then, of course, the material will be in the article even if there is still

Note that the review into injunctions published today says that
parliamentary privilege may not be enough to protect the media (let
alone "non-media" like mere websites). I foresee this coming to a head
in the next few weeks or months, but hopefully without WMF or WMUK
being sued - as Fred says, we'd rather not waste our money (even when
US law is clear) on defending against such actions.

J.
--
James D. Forrester
jdforrester at wikimedia.org | jdforrester at gmail.com