[Foundation-l] Interesting legal action

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Fri May 20 16:23:31 UTC 2011

On 20 May 2011 12:09, Sarah <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:

> A footballer protected by one of the British "superinjunctions" is
> suing Twitter and persons unknown after he was alleged on Twitter to
> have had an affair. Something that could have repercussions for
> Wikipedia.
>

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/may/20/twitter-sued-by-footballer-over-privacy

Speaking as someone who's been in the middle of this exact issue from the
Wikipedia perspective, edits similar to the one described to have been made
on Twitter were removed multiple times from our own site over an extended
period: not because of the injunction, but because it was contentious and
negative information that could not be reliably sourced.  Our BLP policy has
worked.

Risker/Anne