[Foundation-l] CentralNotice use

Theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 16:40:50 UTC 2011

I asked Mono to announce POTY centralnotice use on Foundation-l after he
made a request on Meta. The only consensus to MZ's RfC on Meta [1] was that
Global banners could be used for Non-fundraising reasons after consensus is
achieved for the proposal and the banner itself on Meta first.

Currently, there are no clear guidelines on the community's use of
central-notice - multiple geo-located, chapter-requested campaigns have been
running on central-notice without objection. Global-banners have been used
for things like the March/May update and for soliciting candidates for the
board election.

It's time to consider guidelines if we are going to have Global banners.

Theo

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Global_banners