[Foundation-l] User talk page email notification

CherianTinu Abraham tinucherian at gmail.com
Sun May 15 01:58:59 UTC 2011

The option "E-mail me when my user talk page is changed" was checked on "My
Preferences" , so I assume this is default.

I always wondered why this feature wasn't there by default. This is
particularly important for the just registered and new users, to at
least return back once to the Wiki. I used to welcome large number of users
but many of them would not have probably seen this, because they never got
back to their User Talk pages, not knowing someone had welcomed and also
offered to help.

Email address is a basic requirement for any user registration on the
internet and I am hoping that it would be made mandatory also on the
Wikimedia sites.

Regards
Tinu Cherian