[Foundation-l] [Fwd: Re: Do WMF want enwp.org?]

Keegan Peterzell keegan.wiki at gmail.com
Wed May 11 05:51:08 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Brian J Mingus
<brian.mingus at colorado.edu>wrote:

> It seems that giving w.net/com/org to the WMF would be in line with his
> vision of no corporation controlling a letter.

+1 for the idealism, but I'd like to add the concept is quite silly if you
consider the bulk of the internet users and their relevant care to domain
names.  It's pretty slim.  Heck, pitchfork.com used pitchforkmedia.com for
many, many years without qualms.  Users see the URL and bookmark it.

--
~Keegan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan