[Foundation-l] [Fwd: Re: Do WMF want enwp.org?]

Aaron Adrignola aaron.adrignola at gmail.com
Wed May 11 02:11:16 UTC 2011

The above makes a good argument for registering wp.org, wb.org, and
wn.orgor whatever TLD.  That's a handful of domains and  various
languages simply
become subdomains.  I throw my voice behind enwp.org being a poor naming
convention and having too much administrative overhead with regards to the
other languages.  Because it won't stop at en.wikipedia; the other projects
and languages will want theirs as soon as Wikimedia sets the precedent.

A previous post suggested a new TLD such as .wmf but I have to mention that
it would be a bad idea, as outside of Wikimedia WMF stands for the
non-profit World Monuments Fund, for which that is actually an acronym and
not just shorthand: http://www.wmf.org

-- Adrignola