[Foundation-l] BNR: "Less writers on wikipedia due to agression" (dutch)

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 30 21:35:33 UTC 2011

Hello,

As far as I know, the Wikimedia organizations up to now have never
undertaken serious steps to analyze and tackle aggressive behavior.
One idea would be to engage a social psychologist or therapist or
mediator who can teach Wikipedians at conventions. Of course, the most
extreme people will not attend but many good willing editors - I am
sure, the vast majority - could need advice how to behave in difficult
situations and with difficult people.

Gerard is absolutely right, such reports in the media are dangerous
for us especially when they support perceptions the reader has already
made by himself.

Kind regards
Ziko

2011/3/30 Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
> Hoi,
> They are national radio and television. They are particularly influential
> with the young.
> Thanks,
>      GerardM
>
> On 30 March 2011 22:26, Austin Hair <adhair at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:22 PM, Kim Bruning <kim at bruning.xs4all.nl>
>> wrote:
>> > See
>> >
>> http://www.bnr.nl/programma/bnrdigitaal/2011/03/30/minder-schrijvers-wikipedia-door-agressie1
>>
>> Dit is niet nieuw, natuurlijk.
>>
>> I've lived in the Netherlands for a year, now, and I've never heard of
>> BNR—but then, I don't listen to the radio; I still get most of my news
>> from teh internets and the satellite dish I have pointed at the BBC.
>> How influential are they?
>>
>> Austin

Ziko van Dijk
The Netherlands