[Foundation-l] Message to community about community decline

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Wed Mar 30 16:00:35 UTC 2011

> * Except media (i.e. Wikimedia Commons), we lack of any systemic work
> on improving content. (I don't count particular initiatives, like
> cooperation between Wikipedia in X language and University in X
> country.)

Actually, I believe we lack of any systemic work on improving content on
Commons as well. For instance, I travel a lot and I have (and I could have
done) pictures of obscure places (including some in Serbia) which are
completely underrepresented on Commons. I have never been approached by
anyone, nor suggested to report on some pages, in order to make some
pictures of some specific environments I would likely visit soon. I
suggested it myself a couple of times and the general reaction was that I
should not bother.

Cheers
Yaroslav