[Foundation-l] Message to community about community decline

GoEthe.wiki goethe.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:23:06 UTC 2011

That's actually a good point.
How can we assess if editors are leaving because they reached the
limit of *their
*knowledge, or for other reasons?
Facebook, for example, has a rather annoying feature that if you try to shut
down your account, it asks you why (and tries to guilt you into staying).
Wikipedia does not allow you to shut down your account, but a similar (not
so annoying, hopefully) feature could provide some more tangible data.

The absence of this data should not however ilude us to the fact that the
editing interface is one of the major hurdles stopping people from
contributing, followed closely by a lack of or aggressive feedback.

GoEThe