[Foundation-l] 2009-10 Wikimedia Foundation Annual Report released

Jay Walsh jwalsh at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 25 02:34:46 UTC 2011

I'm pleased to announce the release of the 2009-10 Wikimedia Foundation annual report today.

The report, licensed under CC BY SA, has been posted in PDF format on Wikimedia Commons, and on the WMF wiki:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Annual_Report

The report is published in 2 PDF sizes - one for on-screen reading and a higher resolution version for printing.  The Foundation prints copies of the report every year.  Copies will be made available to chapters and other affiliate groups in small quantities.

This year, following in the footsteps of the Strategy plan summary report, we've also prepared a fully wiki-based version of the report, hosted on meta to facilitate localization and reuse:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation/2009-10_Wikimedia_Foundation_Annual_Report

The meta version is also a very good place to post any comments or feedback.  I'm also very keen to hear anyone's suggestions for future editions.

We are releasing a bit later than preferred, but as we pull resources together for future design projects in the coming year we're poised for a 2011 'anniversary' year report to be released by November 2011.

Many thanks to folks in the community who helped us sort out some of the details for the stories throughout the report.  And of course we owe great thanks to the generous photographers whose work makes the report look pretty darn good, cover to cover. Free is beautiful!

--
Jay Walsh
Head of Communications