[Foundation-l] Editors survey and gender

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Tue Mar 22 19:44:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Amir E. Aharoni
<amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> I guess that if it's really impossible, we'll think about something,
> but i'm just curious: What are the technical reasons? Does LimeSurvey
> have a limited list of languages? Isn't it open source? Can't anyone
> just add another language to the list, saying "Hebrew-feminine"?

It's possible, but it's not something that we're involved in.

Their translation hub is here:
<http://www.limesurvey.org/en/contribute/translations-status>.  You
may want to e-mail their community translations manager to see if they
have any way to support that type of feature.

It's important to remember, though, that we don't really have any easy
way of getting their gender from the wiki they're on.  Even if this
were enabled in LimeSurvey, it might not be easy to actually use. :-(

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023