[Foundation-l] wiki for interwiki (was: Foundation too passive)

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Mon Mar 21 20:41:14 UTC 2011

2011/3/21 Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
> Hoi,
> One technical resource lacking is time. The 1.17 code is not stable enough
> for a full release. There is a lot of code that wants to go into 1.18 and
> until new releases are going to appear regularly a lot of stuff will
> continue to wait for it to happen. At this moment the feet of the developers
> are stuck in clay and agile programming and delivery is still a dream.

For the Narayam extension, very short time passed from development to
installation in a live Wikipedia and it happened just a few days ago,
in the middle of the 1.17 work. I'm happy that it happened; Why can't
the same happen with the Interlanguage extension? From the testing
that i carried out, i saw that this extension, as it is now, doesn't
break anything and the wiki in which it is installed just keeps
working as it did (correct me if i'm wrong).

FWIW, there is consensus that the functionality that the Interlanguage
extension provides is very much needed. On the Meta talk page
dedicated to it and in the bug comments no serious objections were
expressed; several proposals to do similar things were created in the
Strategy wiki; when i meet Wikipedians from around the world, they all
tell me in person that they really, really want it.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
"We're living in pieces,
 I want to live in peace." - T. Moore