[Foundation-l] 2011 Board Elections: Input needed

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 12:56:15 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Austin Hair <adhair at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think the point here is to increase voter turnout,
> though—rather, it's to prevent people who do quite a lot of off-wiki
> work to support Wikimedia, people who probably have more interest than
> most in the composition of the Board, from being unfairly
> disenfranchised as they (okay, we) have been in past elections.

I would think there would be some developers contributing code to
MediaWiki who are not also editors. Given the quasi-independence of
MediaWiki development from everything else under the Wikimedia
umbrella, would there still be enough connection to the Foundation's
operations to render it desirable that they be enfranchised? (I would
think so.)

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com