[Foundation-l] Access to academic journals (was Re: Remarks on Wikimedia's fundraiser)

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 00:10:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:18 PM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> 2011/3/15 SlimVirgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com>:
>>> Speaking of the CREDO accounts, several people have asked that their
>>> accounts be reassigned, but they don't know how to do it. Could Erik
>>> advise? See here --
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Credo_accounts#I_gave_up_my_account_in_June
>>
>> As per my earlier message, Credo is willing to give away up to 400
>> additional accounts, so we really shouldn't be too worried about
>> reassigning the existing ones until we've handed these out. Here's
>> what I wrote in September:
>
> There are a few ex-Wikipedians on the current list.  Not sure how you
> want to address that.

I'm also going to go to the talk page, but...

I object to the GA/FA/etc requirement.  There are a lot of content
editors out there who won't go near the FA mafia.

I use that term carefully, and hopefully without inciting a great
backlash.  The people involved in the GA/FA etc process are welcome as
far as I am concerned to keep doing what they're doing, but I don't
want membership in that community to be a gatekeeper requirement for
other participation.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com