[Foundation-l] Access to academic journals (was Re: Remarks on Wikimedia's fundraiser)

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Tue Mar 15 21:43:13 UTC 2011

On 15 March 2011 21:13, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Is anyone volunteering to organize the process for giving away these
> accounts? The September discussion stalled in lack of consensus about
> the parameters, but nobody actually stepped up to take this forward.
> Again, I can't spend a huge amount of time on this, but if someone
> volunteers to generate a list of usernames using whichever process is
> deemed acceptable, I'm happy to move it forward.

I apparently commented in the September discussion and yet have no
recollection of it, which may say something about how enthralling it
was!

There seems to be a vague consensus that a certain degree of testing
is appropriate, but tying it too closely to processes isn't. I'll put
something up just now and try to see what can be organised...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk