[Foundation-l] Is there a good reason to delete the Burj Al Arab?

Marco Chiesa chiesa.marco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:39:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton a gmail.com> wrote:

> When I said "can" I was talking from a legal perspective. The law is
> the same regardless of what language the content is in.

This is not correct, please read
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Licensing_policy

Quoting:
Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP)
    A project-specific policy, in accordance with United States law
and the law of countries where the project content is predominantly
accessed (if any), that recognizes the limitations of copyright law
(including case law) as applicable to the project, and permits the
upload of copyrighted materials that can be legally used in the
context of the project, regardless of their licensing status. Examples
include: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Non-free_content and
http://pl.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Dozwolony_u%C5%BCytek.

Cruccone