[Foundation-l] Access to academic journals (was Re: Remarks on Wikimedia's fundraiser)

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Tue Mar 15 13:38:21 UTC 2011

In connection with the Credo subscriptions Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation created the mailing list

Wikimediareference-l list run by erik at wikimedia.org

It has a little bit of discussion from March to July, 2010.

Let's all subscribe and bury this conversation away from public view so
we won't have to think about it any more.

I see they have a job description for a communications staff person to
coordinate discussions. This is a good example of what some way of
coordinating discussions is needed.

One thought though, there should be some mechanism for the donor to get
feedback on the use and usefulness of their donation by active and
successful Wikipedia editors if they are going to be satisfied that their
donation was useful and appreciated.

Fred