[Foundation-l] breaking English Wikipedia apart

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 19:57:42 UTC 2011

--- On Mon, 14/3/11, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:
> From: Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com>

> In the end, A got a long-term block -
> not for POV
> editing, not for doing original research, not for
> misrepresenting his
> sources - he could have gone on with all those without
> strong
> consequences. But he made the mistake of making repeated
> personal
> attacks on his opponents.

That's precisely the problem. Being able to remove the right to edit BLPs
from a user, irrespective of whether they have been uncivil etc., just
based on the nature of their edits, is the only thing that will solve it.

Knowing that this is a potential outcome will also, surely, lead to better
and more careful BLP editing than we have today.

Andreas