[Foundation-l] Sad for a wikimedian leaving on zhwiki

Mingli Yuan mingli.yuan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 16:18:55 UTC 2011

Hi, HW and all others,

I am trying to contact Jerry for verify his safety. As far as the
community know, he is safe.
Because he is a Middle School student. I will verify the situation
again by myself.

As you know, it is a sensitive period for all Chinese netizens recently.
The NPC [1] and CPPCC [2] are take annual conference right now.
And recent changes in Middle East made the situation more subtle.

As I know, many people had been contacted by the authority,
and some cases are Wikimedians but they are all safe.

So please take it easy.

Another issue is that, I think, we should add warning information on
editing page or upload page for the risky the editor take.

Regards,
Mingli (User:Mountain)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_People%27s_Congress
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_People%27s_Political_Consultative_Conference