[Foundation-l] breaking English Wikipedia apart

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:29:51 UTC 2011

On 14 March 2011 15:21, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> But for the second time now, you are derailing a discussion on one topic (in
> this case, whether there is a benefit in breaking up large projects, and in
> the prior case, how to attract and retain female editors) so that you can
> focus on your preferred topic of berating a committee for not doing what
> it's not intended to do.  I cannot speak for others, but I find that to be
> quite inconsiderate to the other editors participating in the respective
> threads. Some might even consider it....uncivil.

I think what you mean here is that you don't like being called on what
you said two months ago

If you no longer believe what you wrote, then say so, rather than
attempting to divert attention from your words.

I will note also that if curious readers go to the links I gave and
follow the threads, they will see many others, not just me, also
incredulous at your claims of ArbCom powerlessness to *enforce basic
policies*. Claiming it's all me is (as I noted in that thread) you
attempting to shoot the messenger. Again.

The ArbCom feels it doesn't have much workable power on en:wp. Is a
parallel construction that does the answer?

- d.