[Foundation-l] breaking English Wikipedia apart

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:41:47 UTC 2011

On 14 March 2011 13:34, SlimVirgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 07:18, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The main problem I've found is that aggrieved BLP subjects don't
>> understand that they can actually email info at wikimedia.org and have
>> someone seriously look at the problem.

> David, in the BLP policy we advise people to contact info-en-q at wikimedia.org.
> Is info at wikimedia.org a better address, or do they end up in the same place?

I don't think it matters, because a BLP problem to the wrong queue
rapidly ends up in the right one :-)

It's more a public relations problem for Wikipedia: people have NO
IDEA what to do about a bad article about themselves. They see this
big scary 900lb gorilla of a site they don't understand and they don't
know what to do.

If we have structures in place to cope with the flood of mail that
will definitely result ... we should put up a Wikimedia blog post and
ping our favourite press contacts to run stories.

- d.