[Foundation-l] breaking English Wikipedia apart

Dror Kamir dqamir at bezeqint.net
Mon Mar 14 13:27:01 UTC 2011

First of all, I am not talking just about BLP. This is part of the
problem. I am also concerned about new editors who were treated badly
(that happens more often than you think), about unreasonable decisions
of admins etc. Secondly, such ombudsman should keep a certain distance
from Wikipedia's "corridors", namely, s/he must not be an administrator
nor bureaucrat, and while s/he should be well acquainted with Wikipedia,
perhaps it would be better if s/he won't edit. Furthermore, it is
crucial that this person be identified by her/his real name and be
reachable in various ways, not only through an e-mail address. It is
also important that this person give a public account on the problems
s/he handled and measures s/he took to solve them. The very existence
of  such a report is the guarantee that all complaints be addressed
properly, and in addition it would increase transparency and let us have
a clear picture of the Wikipedian scene.

Dror K

בתאריך 14/03/11 15:18, ציטוט David Gerard: