[Foundation-l] Remarks on Wikimedia's fundraiser

David Goodman dggenwp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 02:31:01 UTC 2011

No, I do not think the situation was solved two years ago. Some of the
topics discussed here over the last year have indicated some of the
continuing problems.

The attitude that the volunteers are here only to write articles, and
should leave the general concerns of the site  to the professionals,
is a good part of the problem. Many organizations do work that way,
and they can be successful in their own terms.  Wikipedia is an
attempt to do something different.