[Foundation-l] foundation-l Digest, Vol 84, Issue 38

Joan Goma jrgoma at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:56:59 UTC 2011

We have to thank Góngora for the report.

He did the hard job of translating it into English and sending it. The merit
is outstanding if we take into account that he comes from Uruguay and his
mother tongue is Spanish neither Catalan nor English.

Regarding the strategic plan 2011 2013 for Catalan Wikipedia and sister
projects it has been discussed and consensuated in Catalan Wikipedia also
with the participation of users of the sister projects. It was started as a
follow up of the global Wikimedia strategic plan:
http://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viquip%C3%A8dia:Pla_estrat%C3%A8gic_2011_-_2013

The aid is to develop 3 of the actions planed for 2011.

* Several improvements to de tools we have to facilitate translations. Here
you have a sample of what it does:
http://ca.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tribunal_de_Just%C3%ADcia_de_Primera_Inst%C3%A0ncia_de_la_Uni%C3%B3_Europea&oldid=6973987
 (By the way, perhaps some day we cold exchange experiences and ideas with
the people of the COSYNE project in WM NL).
* Tools to improve content from statistical data. Sample:
http://ca.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=La_Celle-sur-Loire&diff=next&oldid=7005585
* Extension of the project http://www.viquibalear  to schools outside
Balearic Islands. (the Balearic Islands version was explained last year in
Wikimania):
http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Wikipedia_at_schools._The_Catalan_experience.

* Creation of a network of points (libraries, cultural organizations...)
where they have brochures  “Welcome to wikipedia” and printed copies of the
book “Wikipedia” and help people wiling to start editing wikipedia.