[Foundation-l] Steward election issues

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 22:20:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Pedro Sanchez <pdsanchez at gmail.com> wrote:
> However... wikies-l is about spanish wikipedia issues, and certainly
> not the place to talk with people related to foundation/wikimedia
> global matters.

No, certainly not. But given that she typed "NO ENTIENDO" several
times, in all caps, I'm not sure she intended to be here in the first
place. At the very least, wikies-l could point her in the right
direction.

> I understand the ban, but it only highlights the underlying problems
> for communication in a multilingual community: channels become
> monolongual and those not knowing the language will just not be able
> to participate

This is certainly a problem, and not unique to Wikimedia. Better
automatic translation software certainly helps, but only if you are
willing and able to use it. I think most of the people on this list
are willing, but senders like Maria frequently aren't able.

Austin