[Foundation-l] Remarks on Wikimedia's fundraiser

SlimVirgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 05:32:09 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 22:32, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
> I guess I would like editors to have access to archives and databases
> such as those ProQuest sells. Not sure how that would fit into our
> budget.

That would be amazing. There was a company that offered 100 accounts
to a database, I forget which one, and a page was put up so that
people could apply randomly for them -- first come, first served. This
meant the accounts went to quite a few people who don't edit much, yet
it was a substantial donation. I felt it was a good example of the
Foundation not seeing things from the point of view of content
contributors.

Sarah