[Foundation-l] WMF 2015 strategic plan and multilingualism

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 22:06:32 UTC 2011

Hoi,
The Wikimedia Foundation is a five hundred pound gorilla in the field of
building language resources in the languages that have a smaller footprint
on the Internet. I am convinced that for a million Euros we can make sure
that all languages have technically a level playing field.

I have proposed to spend 100,000,- Euro and this will make major
improvements for the scripts, the fonts and the standards for the languages
we have a Wikipedia for. This is given the current budget chicken feed.
Thanks,
      GerardM