[Foundation-l] open meeting: March 5

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:51:32 UTC 2011

All,
In the continuing experiment to revive regular IRC community meetings,
I have proposed that the next meeting be this Saturday, March 5:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_meetings#March_5.2C_2011

And in the interests of rotating times and making it available to all
parts of the world, I'd like to propose 11:00UTC -- that time should
work pretty well for everywhere except the Americas. (other suggested
times included 09:00UTC and 12:00UTC, so 11:00 kinda splits the
difference. Pls comment on talk.).

So: Please forward to your relevant communities, and add your agenda
items (and sign up if you can make it) here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_meetings

I'd like to note that I am personally not imagining these meetings as
a place to ask questions and get answers from the staff and/or the
Board (note that 11:00UTC excludes participation from San Francisco),
but rather as a way for different parts of our community to talk with
each other, present projects, discuss issues of concern, etc. Last
time we had a good and wide-ranging meeting covering many topics (log
is on meta).

(Also, I myself will be traveling next Saturday and may not be able to
attend. So if someone could volunteer to moderate, that'd be awesome).

Comments, complaints and other ideas welcome, as always.
-- phoebe

<at> gmail.com *