[Foundation-l] Wikimedia "Storyteller" job opening

Michael Snow wikipedia at frontier.com
Tue Mar 1 21:31:05 UTC 2011

On 3/1/2011 12:57 PM, Pronoein wrote:
> If there is such a minority of ethical concerns, it could be one of the
> reasons that volunteers are leaving the boat.
Based on the one survey of former contributors that has been conducted
(see
http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Former_Contributors_Survey_Results),
this doesn't figure highly enough to demonstrate the kind of significant
minority you suggest. Rather, the concerns of those surveyed are
overwhelmingly about how rulebound, overly complex, and unfriendly their
work in the community seemed to be. Perhaps somebody would care to go
back through the full survey responses and see if they can identify
comments that fit the "I was being exploited" line you're pushing here.
I would prefer to hope that as the foundation's community department
works to develop the fundraising and messaging, it will also create and
improve upon initiatives that lead to a better community environment, as
that seems to be the dominant problem.

--Michael Snow