[Foundation-l] New members of Language committee

Bishakha Datta bishakhadatta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 07:07:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM, James Alexander <jamesofur at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am glad to announce that Language committee is stronger for three
> > new members. By the time of getting their applications, the list is:
> >

> Congratulations (or commiserations depending on your point of view I guess
> :) ) to all the new members, it looks like a good group. Will all of them
> be
> at the in person meeting coming up?
>
> Congratulations to all three new members - nice to see both Africa and Asia
in the fray.

And thanks for explaining the broader thinking behind the selections,
Millosh. Am always a bit hesitant to make such suggestions for fear they
will be (mis)read as pushing India's case, rather than making a larger point
about geography and representation (which is meaningful only if other
relevant criteria are met too, as happened in these cases).

Cheers
Bishakha