[Foundation-l] Nominating Committee

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 18:18:01 UTC 2011

On 06/25/2011 07:35 PM, Birgitte_sb at yahoo.com wrote:
> To clarify my position, I found the procedure as designed for handling appointed seats to be inherently unworkable. I don't think the procedures could have been followed during my service on the committee given the resources and time available. I imagine idealists will disagree with that assessment, but I feel energy is best directed to revising the by-laws for a more pragmatic process.

My general position is that Wikimedian community is diverse enough to
fill expert seats from itself. In two years Language committee has found
four linguists inside of the community, one of them at the most relevant
job position for our work, one of them top class linguist. And there are
not a lot of linguists around Wikimedia projects. (Yes, there are some,
but not a lot.)

I am sure that we could find enough lawyers, programmers, lawyers,
programmers, sysadmins, programmers, librarians, programmers etc. inside
of our community. ... I wanted to continue a serious mail, but I can't
anymore :)