[Foundation-l] Nominating Committee

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Sat Jun 25 08:50:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

I read from several posts that the process with the nominating committee did
not work out at all. In the mean time the whole nominating committee (and
therefore any formal procedure where non-board members, read: the community,
have any say on who gets onto the board in the appointed seat). I might have
missed it (probably have) but is there some kind of evaluation of the
functioning of the NomCom and a good reasoning why it was totally abolished?
Is it clear /why/ it did not work?

Birgitte seems to suggest it didnt work because procedures were not
followed. Earlier (don't recall where exactly) (a) board member(s) seemed to
suggest that it did not work because they were too slow and did not do their
job. Both arguments seem to me something that can be solved quite easily -
by starting to follow procedures or by getting different people on the
committee.

Perhaps someone who was there on the board at the time could clarify?

Thanks a lot,

Lodewijk