[Foundation-l] EFF & Bitcoins

Alec Conroy alecmconroy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:51:46 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 1:27 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 June 2011 01:18, Alec Conroy <alecmconroy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> why.   It's not that we're 'novel currency enthusiasts', it's not that
>> we're trying to undermine the US federal reserve or anything crazy or
>> overtly political.
>
> I've looked at the forums. The above doesn't appear to hold.
>
> Random programmers in my office joke about annoying Bitcoin advocates.
> You guys have amazingly bad advocates.

lol.  Well, I wouldn't necessarily describe myself as specific
advocate for Bitcoin-- I don't know enough about it.
The 'we' refers more to the Wikimedians who are excited about the
theoretical potential of Bitcoin as a tool for us.   If the 'we'
refers to generic Bitcoin advocates...   well, they're a more diverse
and probably much wilder bunch than those of us here who were vaguely
and generally giddy about something somewhat bitcoinish.

Alec