[Foundation-l] Amicus Brief Filed in Golan v. Holder: Fighting for the Public Domain

Kat Walsh kat at mindspillage.org
Wed Jun 22 19:25:55 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Geoff Brigham <gbrigham at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Yesterday, the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) filed an amicus
> ("friends of the court") brief in Golan v. Holder, a case of great
> importance before the Supreme Court that will affect our understanding of
> the public domain for years to come.  See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golan_v._Holder.  The EFF is representing the
> Wikimedia Foundation in addition to the American Association of Libraries,
> the Association of College and Research Libraries, the Association of
> Research Libraries, the University of Michigan Dean of Libraries, and the
> Internet Archive.

I'm really happy to see us start getting involved in this kind of
work; I think it too is part of fulfilling our mission. Thanks for
your work on this, Geoff.

-Kat

--
Your donations keep Wikipedia online: http://donate.wikimedia.org/en
Wikimedia, Press: kat at wikimedia.org * Personal: kat at mindspillage.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mindspillage * (G)AIM:mindspillage
IRC(freenode,OFTC):mindspillage * identi.ca:mindspillage * phone:ask