[Foundation-l] EFF & Bitcoins

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Wed Jun 22 17:14:26 UTC 2011

Michael Snow wrote:
> I thought it was reasonably understandable, even without perfect
> grammar, that Ting was saying that since Matt is no longer at Omidyar,
> if your insinuation were true, when he left the foundation would have
> needed to bring in someone new from Omidyar to fill "their" board seat.
> I figured that out, and honestly I wasn't even aware until now that Matt
> had left Omidyar.

I'm not sure it counts as an insinuation if it's true. They bought a Board
seat. Honestly, I don't remember much dispute about this point when it
happened in 2009 and looking back at the press releases at the time, it
doesn't seem as though anyone was trying to hide this point. My original
comment was only to say that if someone else (another group or organization)
were willing to put up $2 million or more, another Board seat would probably
become available. It's not as though the Board is incapable of changing its
own structure to meet outside demands.

MZMcBride