[Foundation-l] EFF & Bitcoins

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Wed Jun 22 12:39:31 UTC 2011

This statement is such a lie that I cannot let it stay here unresponded.

You imply the board seat of Matt Halprin. Matt had long left Omidyar, if
his board seat was bought, we had had to chose someone else from that
Foundation to replace him. As we had explained before many times, Matt
is on the board only because his skill and knowledge on board governance.

Greetings
Ting

Am 21.06.2011 18:15, schrieb MZMcBride:
> Thomas Morton wrote:
>> As a follow up to the discussion about Bitcoins (during the board elections)
>> &  accepting them as donations... I thought this article by the EFF
>> explaining why they no longer accept BC sets out some interesting
>> arguments: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/06/eff-and-bitcoin
> Related: if you're interested in buying a Wikimedia Board seat, I believe it
> costs about $2 million (USD only, I think).
>
> MZMcBride

Ting

Ting's Blog: http://wingphilopp.blogspot.com/