[Foundation-l] Election results?

Jon Harald Søby jhsoby at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:20:39 UTC 2011

2011/6/17 Joan Goma <jrgoma at gmail.com>

> Congratulations to Ting Chen, Samuel Klein, and Kat Walsh on your
> reelection
> you have gained again the confidence of the editors so they are reasonably
> happy whit things as they are I wish you continue doing this great job and
> keeping their confidence.
>
> Thanks to all the other candidates for making innovative and interesting
> proposals it seems that we have not been able to offer alternatives
> attractive enough but I have had a lot of fun in the process and I hope all
> of you too.
>
> Finally thank you to Abbas, Jon, Mardetanha, Mantaya, and Ryan for your
> job.
> I would like to ask for the full pairwise results.

Thanks, pairwise results will come (Mardetanha will hopefully publish them
soon unless I mistunderstood him).

I would like to apologize for the delays on our part, we understand that it
is frustrating to be sitting on the edge of the seat without knowing when
results arrive. Communication could definitely have been better.

As I wrote in the board report, I think the elections would benefit from a
semi-permanent committee, instead of an election-by-election-based
committee. This would help counter repeats of the same mistakes, and
smoothen things out. This year none of us were very technically-minded, and
we learned that we definitely should have someone who can take care of that
part as a committee member.

In the beginning there were only three volunteers, but after some asking
around we got two more (Matanya and Mardetanha), and there is a lot of work
to do, so more volunteers is always nice. (Not trying to be apologetic here,
there are many things we could have done better, and we should take
self-criticism on that; I'm just trying to explain some of the factors
involved.)

Finally, congratulations to the winners! It is well-deserved. :-)
Oh, and we will put up a post-mortem page on Meta soon, and all feedback is
very welcome.

--
mvh
Jon Harald Søby <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by>